Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 261 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

A big SUV for a big guy
By FRW

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Tahoe Z71. My '03 was somewhat of a lemon. A beautiful vehicle, but with a number of small and one large problem. I took a chance and bought another and I am glad I did. I am a big guy 6 ft 250 and need a big vehicle. I love this truck. It is comfortable, roomy, good off road and in bad weather. It carries pretty much everythig I need to carry and can pull what can't be carried. Does everybody need a full size SUV, no. But America is the land of choices and I am glad that I have the choice to own a Tahoe. My wife owns a Land Cruiser that cost $15,000 more and it doesn't have near the power, comfort, room, amenities or gas mileage(the Tahoe's could be better).

Comfort, roominess, XM radio, turning radius(38 ft is unheard of in vehicle of this size), all weather/all road capabilities

I presently get about 13 mpg city and 15 hwy which is well below the stated EPA averages for the vehicle. I would love to see maybe 15-16 city & 20 Hwy which would be more in line with the window sticker, upgraded interior materials-a little less or a higher quality of plastic, a little more power

I love my Z71
By TF New Jersey

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm a luxury car driver. I needed the SUV for the winter and long drives down I95 south. at first I was a lil afraid because the SUV (Z71) sits so high and the vehicle is very large seating 7 passengers and I'm only 5'4". Once I got used to it I'm loving it. The DVD is great for my 3yr old and the vehicle has a lot of room for my 6'3" teenage son. There is also plenty of space for cargo, whether it be groceries, luggage, bicycles, or motorized cars for the tiny tots. I recommend it to any and all. This vehicle definitely turns heads on the roadway.

Space, luggage rack, plenty of room for groceries ect, in the rear DVD, heated seats. The vehicle is just one heck of a vehicle.

Rear cameras on all future production. Hide the wires underneath in front of vehicle. It looks tacky.

Z 71 Tahoe
By Sean

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Chevy Tahoe has an exceptional ride for a full size 4WD SUV. Rear captain's chairs are very comfortable for adult passengers. Third row split seat is very covenient to install and or remove.

Z-71 package! The Z-71 package with the rear locker provides outstanding off road capability. The Z-71 Tahoe outperforms all stock 4WD's in the mud, sand or snow. 2 years later and I haven't found another SUV that would better suit my needs

The Tahoe pulls my 23' Week end warrior just fine, however it would be nice to see a beefed up 3/4 ton option available to pull bigger loads. (although that may not be in demand for the Tahoe)

Great for an SUV
By rogpa

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

It is what we expected. Tows a trailer like a dream. Heated leather seats are fantastic. OnStar is more necessary than we expected.

Rear seat DVD

Better gas mileage. Improve legroom in third row seating.

Great SUV
By Leroy

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Only had one problem so far and it was in the first 500 miles. Had a bad squeak in the left front due to a dry (no grease) tie rod. Dealer replaced tie rod have had no more problems. Current mileage 13200

The heated seats, Great in the winter time.

Better gas mileage - my only complaint.