Used 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 260 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

So far, so good
By randyvn

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Had a few GM glitches in the first 30K. Odometer went out, major repair: A/C went out, and typical steering knuckle needed repair. After warranty fixed these items all has been well.

Wide console for my dog to view the scenery. Fold down middle seat in the front seats, allows 6 to ride without installing the third row seats (used once)

Nice and sporty Z71 SUV!
By John

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Our driving mainly consist of 70% highway and 30% city driving. Overall, between my wife and I driving this SUV, we are getting an average of 17.8 MPG. This is based on the computer MPG read readout. We love the the Tahoe for its overall performance, roominess, features and comfort. I read some reviews and noticed some bad reviews on the cheap plastic materials used. Okay, maybe but keep in mind this is an SUV.It's meant to be rugged not a luxury SUV like Range Rover or Mercedes. I don't mind the interior materials as-is.

We love the sunroof, power pedals, push 4x4 buttons, DVD for the kids, buttons on steering wheel, and overall power features.

It could use more power or at least feel it has more get up and go. We had a '06 Honda van and it was quicker at the start and had more get up at passing on the city and highway. The weight difference I am sure makes a difference. More leg room in the 3rd row and come up with a stow and go 3rd seat.

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
By Johnny

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this 2004 Z71 for $11k with 69.5K miles. I have only been drving it for a week and I love it. I hope to say that as time goes on. The ride is smooth and the roominess is very nice. My twins love the DVD player too. My Z71 came with 20" tires/rims and it still rides very nice. Stay tuned. I will come back and update my review in a couple of months.

My wife and I love the features such as DVD, power sunroof, tow, power, pedals, dual climate controls, fog lights, and the silver color with the 20" tire and rim is nice too. Again, the ride is very smooth and does not have that stiff ride as we thought it would for a SUV. The gas mileage is not bad

More room on the back with the third seat is up. Our 2006 Honda Oddeysey had more room when the seat was up and also had more leg room than the tahoe. It also had third folding seats with stow area for third seats. But that is the sacrifice we made for a non van vehicle. More power 285 HP not enough

My lake cruiser
By J.R.

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I'm happy with my 2004 Z71 Tahoe after almost 5 years. Just turned 45k on the mileage & just replaced the original tires with Goodyear Silent Armor. The ride really smoothed out. Problems: Mileage is really awful. The black painted front grill pealed (think a rock chipped it). The tire pressure monitor went haywire (I got a tire gauge). Lastly I wish the driver seat was a little more firm. My wife's Honda Pilot seat is awesome. With that said I still love my Tahoe. The room, the height, the looks, the cushy ride. Its my highway cruiser that can off-road it if need be.

Backseat bucket seats. They are kind of like 1st class airline seats.

My cars is 5 years old now. I sure that GM has the improvements taken care of.

Great Truck!
By Amanda

2004 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Truck is great, bought it a few months ago and have had several trips in it out of town. It does extremely well for a V8 with this size of truck, I was averaging 22mpg and made it from Panama City, FL to Tampa, FL on a little under 1/2 a tank (5hrs). The interior design is great, minus the extra holder space on top of the center console, you can't get into the console without moving things off that space. I love the extra power outlet in the back, as well as the Bose stereo system-has great sound. I live on a backroad that leads out to a 4 lane highway and I know that when I come to the stop sign, this truck definitely has the get up and go to scoot out into traffic when I hit the gas.

Electric seats, fuel mileage indicator and remaining miles, Bose stereo system, fog lights, comfort when traveling with groups of people, plenty of room!

None that I can think of off hand!