Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

'03 Tahoe
By Shirley D.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

While not the most gas efficient, considering the size, I still get an average of 17 mpg. I love it, it's comfortable, reliable and safe. Outside of the general oil changes, tire rotations and one recent brake job and a/c repair, I have not had to do anything to it but drive and enjoy it. Recommend to anyone. Good quality vehicle. Bought used in '03 with 35,000 miles, I now have over 119,000 on it and it is still going strong, looks and runs like new! Hope to keep it a few more years!

Radio controls in the steering wheel and power seat controls

Controls for back a/c should be more accomodating for driver. Front cup holders should be raised up higher.

Best SUV ever
By lovemytahoe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

A great choice for comfort and performance. 5.3 liter V8s are also Flex fuel which is a plus. We have gotten as high as 21 mpg. on the interstate at 80 mph burning gasoline. What a quiet highway vehicle, with power to spare for towing our jeep. Very few minor things have gone wrong, two replacements of the radio, a sensor etc. We love this vehicle and plan to keep it a long time

Never Getting Rid of It
By Erin

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I purchsed this my 2003 Chevy Tahoe in August of '03 brand new right off the delivery truck and had loved it since. I've only had minor problems with it like the fuel pump going bad, 2 dead batteries, and bad starter. Besides all of that it has been very good to me. I don't plan to get rid of it ever. I recently gave it to my 15 y/o son as a gift for getting his permit when I purchsed the '08 Tahoe. Hoping for the same.

Folding mirrors, heated seats, size of the SUV, and handling.

Gas mileage, power

Great Truck
By kstall3

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck used in 2004 with 19,000 miles. I have had very few problems in the last 4 four years. My fuel pump did go out, but I have observed that happens on all Chevy trucks, you have to factor that into the cost. My fuel economy is pretty good for having over 300 HP and 33inch tires (after market). I love this truck and don't have any plans to trade in.

The multiple storage areas. Great cup holders. The power is fine for big truck. I love the fold down seats for moving big items. The truck is great for moderate to heavy towing. With a little suspension and tire work this truck can look really mean.

The paint on my stereo has been comming off that last couple of months.

End of an Era
By Marc

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Bought for its ability to go off-road, have only done that a handful of times. Lots of electrical gremlins, have had it in and out of the shop for repairs.

Folding mirrors, heated lumbar seats, does provide commanding position on the road. Quiet on the highway.

Obviously, MPG stinks (12 city - 17 HWY). Anemic engine for a vehicle this size. Doesn't have the cargo space I envisioned. Needs rear captain chair seating. Brakes are squishy. Reliability stinks.