Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

lovemytahoe
By lovemytahoe

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This vehicle was purchased as a work vehicle as I am self employed. After four years I replaced it and kept it as a personal vehicle. It has never let me down. The original brakes lasted 70k miles. With the exception of a cheap speedometer repair at 75k miles it has never cost me anything but maintenance. It runs strong and has sports car handling. It averages 16 miles per gallon and gets 21 on the open road. It has the best a/c I've ever had in a car and still looks like new, inside and out. I expect 200k miles out of it as I know two guys who went well over that with their 03's and were forced by their companies to replace them.

engine,brakes,a/c,comfort

interior light should have a way to stop it from turning it self off after 10 minutes .

Mostly happy...so far
By Walter K.

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We paid $44K for the 2003 TahoeLT4WD and looking back now the amount surprises me. Not that the truck is not a great value but we have invested in brake pads (twice), rotors (once) and other rear-end parts. There is a leak from the overhead A/C control that spills water (when heavy rain) onto the front passenger. The truck drives powerfully, holds the road very well and eats up potholes and off-road bumps with ease. The interior layout works real well with 4 captain chairs and 2 removable third row seats. We hope to get another 70k miles before any more investment or trade in. I would recommend this truck to anyone with need to travel distances safely with kids and a dog. It's worth it.

Elevated ride height, handling, interior design and function, seats make the back seats easily adjustable.

Leakage issues, heaviness of vehicle contributes to frequent brake repair and 14 mpg gas highway is expensive for long trips.

My Favorite Car
By kpnj

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The Tahoe is by far my favorite car. WE leased this car new in 03 and bought it when the lease was up. I have 2 kids and a great dane. This car fits everything! The only problems are that I've had to replace the fuel pump and transmission. Minor annoyances have been the parking brake and electrical issues, but "Bessie" has started every single time for 113,000 miles. We will be heartbroken to see her go.

Extremely comfortable! Very roomy. 9 people at once no problem. Very smooth, quiet ride.

Electrical system, fuel pump.

power windows Tahoe 2003 cost
By W Brooks

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The care was never the greatest car but it is paid for and who wants to go through the hassle of buying another one. I just can't believe that it cost me $477.00 to replace ONE rear window automatic window on the 2003 Tahoe. Just before this, out of the clear blue, the driver's seat seatback broke and that was another $368.00. Just hoping the economy will get better soon so I can afford to get rid of this money pit. No wonder GM is going under. Who wants a vehicle that even after you pay it off you are still paying the big bucks for the little things you expect to last. I call this Tahoe my Yugo. Now the windshield washer reservoir has gone out..probably another $300.00. Never ends....

At least the Bose speakers are still working.

Fix the little things where they will last! $477 a pop to repair auto windows? Far too much to spend on an old car.

Frustrated
By learned my lesson

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Problems almost from jumpstreet- rattles, engine noises, 2 batteries in 10 months, display cluster replaced, check engine light is pretty much a constant precense which dealership never can quite repair- transmission issues- Was a Toyota buyer and wife talked me into saving about $6K by buying the Tahoe over the Sequoia- never again

Size of vehicle, cargo area, sunroof

A more reliable vehicle...too many issues