Used 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 202 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Perfect family and work SUV
By maysan

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Just purchased my 2003 Tahoe 4x4 Police Package 4.8 V8, only 60K. 285/77/R16s.
Border Patrol ordered it with a 4inch suspension lift. Perfect clearence. The 4.8 engine is great. I added small upgrades: K&N intake system, Computer chip to regulate air-flow and temp; and finally a DiabloSport Computer programer. All about $500. The engine is a beast now. It also has the cooling system for both the engine and tranny fluids. I recommend the updgrades to all Tahoe lovers. All upgrades from Ebay. [non-permissible content removed]. Upgrades gave it lots of power, and great gas mileage.
26HWY & 20 city. Perfect all around.

Federal Government owned Tahoes with low mileage are a great investment. They are well taken care of. The price is great. The police package upgrades are unmatched. With a few extra upgrades on your own will transform it to a wild beast.

K&N Air Intake, Computer Chip to regulate the air flow and Temp; and finally the DiabloSport computer performance programer. You will be very pleased with the power and gas mileage from these small upgrades.

Love my 4 GM SUVs
By Joane

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

The 2003 Chevy Tahoe z71 is one of four gm suvs I have owned. The 1996 suburban was excellent but a bit big for me. My 1999 Yukon was awesome, averaged 20 mpg, and sold the day I put a for sale sign on it 6 years and 156k miles later. The 2003 z71 is the best design, averages 21 mpg, has the most creature comforts, us the best off road vehicle and at 126k is still in excellent condition. I just purchased a new 2009 Yukon hybrid which is loaded, has an awesome zippy engine, overwhelming new technologies that I may some day learn to use, and is stylish by today's standards. Off road use is iffy because of the new front bumper being too low to the ground, but it is also get 21 mpg. I am a fan.

Size, safety, comfort, multiple uses, style and power.

My 2003 Z71 is my idea of the perfect vehicle. I actually prefer it over my brand new 2009 Yukon Hybrid.

not bad for a first ride
By a newby

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I cant remember when we got this SUV, but needless to say it has been a very enjoyable vehicle. although the fuel pump did go out a few weeks ago. It was fixed and now its running pretty good. seats are great, sound system is great. the power windows, ehh, not so much...oh yeah. city mpg poor, highway isn't that bad. 'all round i rather enjoy driving a big mean evil gas guzzling suv. especially knowing that I'm destroying the environment (being sarcastic) lol. run the premium stuff around the table in it and the Tahoe will last.

that nifty 5.3. the Bose sounds system. comfort. handling. surprisingly nimble (saved from many wrecks by that). the friends all love it.

It's been 7 years right? I think gm might have picked up on the suggested improvements. Anyway. Brakes brakes and brakes. A manual version would be different. Work on the interior. Ditch the plastic dash and use better paint on the radio controls, 1k more for better quality wouldn't seem that bad

Great reliability, Bad build qualty
By R1der2002

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS Rwd 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

Don't get me wrong i love my Tahoe it has not broken down on me yet but the interior squeaks a lot, the fit and finish of the materials is not that great either. Would I buy it again though, yes like I said it has not broken on me yet and actually for its size I get good MPG I get 17.6 city and 21.8 HWY. I do not know what is wrong with everyone else's Tahoe lol

The size, The MPG for the size, reliability

Build quality, Fit and finish

Best Vehicle I have owned in years
By ret11b

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I have never owned an SUV until I bought this Tahoe. Had driven several but loved the body style. I bought it in 08 with 42,000 miles on it. I love this vehicle, have had no maintenance issues with it. The ride is great, the higher seating for driving is excellent and it maneuvers like a sports car. It is big enough to haul most items from Home depot or Kroger's. The interior layout is great. When it comes time to buy another vehicle it will be a Tahoe.

elevated driving position. Performance. Instrumentation layout. Agility