Used 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Best Made Tahoe
By ChadM

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

I've owned several Tahoes and I really miss my 2001 Tahoe. Fuel wasn't too bad. I got 20 mpg on the highway. Overall the best vehicle I've owned. I highly recommend owning one.

Great SUV
By nettec

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought my Tahoe new with 90 miles on it. I'm now at around 157,000. It still runs great! I haven't had any trouble out of it except the back hatch has had a little bit of trouble. I love the roominess and it drives great! Great storage area and lots of passenger room. The only thing that I don't like is the gas mileage. It gets about 16-17 mpg, which is really good for an SUV, but would be much better in a car. If your looking for a good suv, then this is great! But if you're wanting a vehicle with great gas mileage then choose a car.

Very roomy, drives well, no maintanence problems and carries 8 passengers when you use the 3rd seat (and 3rd seat easy to move)

Just wish gas mileage was better

Nice Vehicle!
By Spencer Brown

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 2WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this Tahoe brand new with 15 miles on it. And we have never had any trouble out of it. We have taken it to be serviced every time it needed to be and its not that expensive on upkeep unlike my wife's Mercedes! This would probably be the best car for your money if your looking for a rugged rock hard family car! However the gas mileage is ok but could be better, especially with these high gas prices.

Power seats, great sound system, rear air cond, 3 rows of seats!

Better fuel economy, and thats about it!

Excellent highway vehicle
By agseraph

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best car I have ever had, which have included Mercedes, a BMW, a VW, Fords, Toyotas, and an Infinity. 20 mpg on the highway, smooth ride, and no problems in 142,000 miles. Wat it doesn't have in fuel economy, it more than makes up for in reliability.

Size and quality

Interior is dated (fixed with the 07 models)

Cool Chevy Tahoe!
By Claire

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD 4dr SUV (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

We love the four wheel drive! The LS model is just fine for us. It has cloth seats,no leather! Ours only seats six. That is a major drawback.

We love the sunroof! There is lots of elbow room and space in the back. We've had some people comment on our "new" Tahoe. Yes, this car has some nice looks!