Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Nice truck but had problems
By jocatch

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV

Had for 7 years. At 24,000 miles needed a new engine because of oil consumption. At 88,000 needed a new transfer case. A few small problems like passenger side seat wouldn't slide forward and passenger door lock wouldn't work all the time. Some times passenger side seat back wouldn't lock in upright posistion.

Engine had good power, the controls were laid out so it was easy to adjust without looking, style, room, interior materials, center console and center roof storage.

Couldn't direct air conditioning vents to blow air where needed

Not the best truck
By Dennis

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought it with 65,000 miles on it. It was never used for towing or off road. We have had to replace the transmission, fuel pump/sending unit, alternator. Still have to replace A/C lines to rear A/C. They rusted. Imagine that...they are run along the inside of the frame. the blinker switch is bad, there is a sensor in the steering column that senses the speed of your turning and boosts the power steering as needed. It boosts on its own once in a while. Scary when you are driving through a curve. The 4 wheel drive service light comes on now and we already had some sensors replaced a few months ago. I cannot figure out why the transmission would fail before 100,000 miles.

Comfortable ride, plenty of room. Strong engine.

Drivetrain reliability needs improvement. Radio knobs should stay on, not fall of when touched. A/C lines should be protected from elements that cause rust/corrosion.

My Car
By charcol grey

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I just bought my Tahoe in January of this year and I would have to say that this is my best truck, suv, car I've ever had and I have had many cars (lol). I love the way it drives and the space in the rear seats. My kids have enough room for their things too. So I just want to thank Chevrolet for making my dream car.

Rear seats. Space between driver and passenger. The way it looks and drives.

None

Never Again
By MONICA

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

We bought this car loving the style and abailible space for hauling sport equipment around. We expected this beautiful car to become the end of our sanity. It would have cost us less in the long run to buy a new car at that time. We had to put in a new trans, new steering and fuel pump, new locks (all broke at the same time), fix the sagging doors ect. All in a matter of 2 years. Still needs some work but we are fresh out of money and don't want the car anymore. What a lemon.

Exterior is beautiful. The interior is comfortable and very roomy. Great radio.

I don't know where to begin. Needs to be a better product all the way around.

Tahoe '99
By riquello99

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I've had my '99 Tahoe for a year and some change. I was most definitely enjoying it before the gas prices went soaring. Even with over 100k miles, it still has pretty good get up and go. I had to get the transmission rebuilt at 126K but, I was told it failed because of faulty maintenance. It's extremely comfortable inside. Over all I love it.

Make lights brighter and add fog lights as an option.