Used 1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Chevy on top
By tmacmvp1

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

I bought my Tahoe about 3 years ago in a as-is condition. It had 80k miles on it at the time. It now has 130k miles. I'm telling you, when I'm driving this truck I feel like the king of the road. Its 5.7 engine chugs the gas but trully delivers when need to. Only problem I had was a bad fuel pump. It had problems turning on when the motor was cold. little by little it got worst until finally I replaced it. cost me $255 with labor (got a deal). Other than that it is comfortable and very roomy! I'm 19 so that actually comes really in handy on the weekends lol. Just being a teenager sorry for the comment. Very good design and reliable at the same time.

Bulky exterior design, many aftermarket parts that you can purchase for this vehicle, leaving customization without boundries. Chrome bumpers. Spacy, roomy interior and cargo space in the back. Some people say the brakes are bad but I actually think it has really good brakes.

Fuel pumps cannot go out so easily. Mechanics recommend to not let your fuel go below 1/4 in your tank. Knowing that the mpg is horrible, you shouldnt have to hit the gas stations sooner then you need to.

Great Vehicle
By Happy

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV

This vehicle has been good for everything. Very comfortable on long trips. Never had any major mechanical problems. Hauls large equipment weights. Plenty of space. I think it is great

Very comfortable ride and space no mechanical problems

Lemon?
By Renestel

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I've been reading through these in hopes that I'd get some ideas for what all is going on with mine right now. I bought mine used in 2000-48,000 miles. Granted, I've had the car for almost 8 years. It has been with me for a while. BUT, I've gone through an air conditioning system, 3 fuel pumps, an alternator, ball joints, pigtails, and countless times of not starting, or dying at stop lights. It's at 110,000 right now and I've had it in the shop three times in the last two months. No one can figure out what's going on. Every time I drive it I'm glad I get to my destination if I actually get there. Very unpredicatble vehicle. In cold weather, it totally has a mind of its own.

When the fuel injection actually works properly, Its an awesome ride. Taken it for several very fun joy rides.

I could go on forever.

Tahoe
By dina

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LS 4dr SUV 4WD

This is the perfect vehicle for a soccer mom and her 3 soccer stars. We had a bad snow storm last winter close to 5 ft. all the other fancy suvs (a volvo, land cruser and mercedes) were stuck in the banks in the side of the rode as I plowed through 1+ ft. drifts coming back from a birthday party.

Wheel base

My Favorite SUV of All Time.
By Anonymous

1999 Chevrolet Tahoe SUV LT 4dr SUV 4WD

My new Tahoe is one of my most favorite, fun SUV of all times. I recently purchased a used 1999 Tahoe LT Fully Loaded with every dealer option. An after market chrome brush guard and top head lamps compliments it well. The previous owner stocked it up with BF Goodrich Heavy Duty Commercial Tires That hum everywhere I go. It is certainly a head turner in my town. I know I am safe in that vehicle no matter where I go.

Its massive size. No one can complain of the roomy interior this beast offers. The head room is also very spacious. Many, Many cup holders ensures no cup will be left without a holder. I also love the rear Barn Doors, it separates the normal traditional flip up doors.

Gas mileage of course, but people should expect that a 5.7 liter Vortec engine will never yield good gas mileage. It is a sacrifice for power really. Also ride height, possible air suspension that can adjust. Riding into parking garages in Boston is no walk in the park for this truck. Trust me!