Used 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 47 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

Great for just about anything
By ladymgr59

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I bought my 1996 Tahoe in 2009 with 124,000 with the vortex V8.
We are now in 2012, I now have 224,000 miles & driving it everyday.
Work out of state and no worries about it failing yet.

We have taken long trips, with extra people, camped in it, hauled motorcycles, and trailers.
Now l will be pulling a camper.
Great Truck as I call it.

No leak at all,
Have had to replace the usual maintenance like brakes, water pump, alternator, starter, fuel pump, tires.
Never had any trouble with motor or trans.
All power interior works like new. Runs strong.

The ride and comfort are great. Many people who have owned one all agree that the 5.7 V8 vortex is a strong and dependable motor. I hope to get another 100,000 before trading.

The air conditioning could be strong with more vent for passengers in the 2nd row. When very hot out even in the front seat gets a little warm at times. Wish it had Bluetooth radio for cell phone use, but can be change easily.

Love this truck
By barron

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this sport model when it had 125,000 on it for $6000.00. The only items I have replaced was the fuel pump, alternator, water pump, and transfer case. And it has had a regular tune up. I replaced most of the Items when it had over 150,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000 on it now and is still going strong. The only thing I don't like is how the rear door opens. On mine you open the window and the door folds down like a tail gate on a pickup truck. It goes great in the snow and does everything I ask of it. The body on mine is excellent. Mine has the 5.7 vortec in it. All of the parts replaced were original factory parts. Love this truck

The ride and handling

The rear doors

It's a Man's Truck!
By IT'S A MAN'S TRUCK

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Well I had a 2001 surburban, got rid of it and bought the 96 tahoe.. Strong truck.. Transfer Case went out on 4x4.. Other than that I have 235,990 on it now.. Truck runs great no problem.. Oh yeah did change the intake gasket.. Great truck..

Inside space

Gas mileage, better transmission..

awesome
By blue beauty

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this suv from a friend and it was in excellent shape it looked brand new all that we really needed to fix was the engine and buy new wipers but it is the best suv I have ever had....

the built in cassette and cd player the room, the color the smooth driving and the sound love it....

just don't like the gas mileage but had nothing else

my 2 door baby tahoe
By pointdexter

1996 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchase this truck in 2000 my baby is a 1996 2door 4x4 and what a story i have about this truck. in 2005 this baby was stolen and found strip the whole interior, door panels even the carpet everything was stolen they only left the dashboard, found a salvage yard and had the interior replace, also my transmission been replace twice, but I still like this truck I always get offers by people who see my truck, I have 165 k miles on this girl but she still runs and look new.

love the interior very comfortable leather seats, love the ac, easy to work on the engine, love the dashborad it displays everything

would love to have a 6 speed transmission, instead of 4 speed,