Used 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe

View reviews for a specific Tahoe model:

I dread the day it dies
By Steve G

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought new in 1995, this vehicle has displayed unbelievable reliability. At 220,000 miles, it has seen many of my friends' cars, foreign and domestic, sputter to an early expensive grave. Running costs are astoundingly cheap, even considering the unimpressive gas mileage. I had the transmission rebuilt at about 150,000, but that's the only major repair. I drive it cross-country with complete confidence. It's easy to speed on the highway as the ride is so comfortable and the power readily available. While the dash is made of hard, cheap plastic, the gray cloth seats are indestructible, with no stains or rips. I hope it lasts many more years, as I don't see any affordable reliable replacement.

Reliability, running cost, build quality, highway ride. Safety: killed one deer and one Subaru with nary a scratch.

Gas mileage, better dash materials.

One Great SUV Chevy Tahoe
By Love My Tahoe

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LS 4dr SUV

I purchased my 1995 Chevrolet Tahoe from Tom Jumper Chevrolet in Sandy Springs Georgia,January 2000. I have had no major problems with this truck at all until the past 2 weeks. My A/C has been out , but other that that jus minor maintainace stuff.I bought my Tahoe used with 43k miles and now I am at 200954k. She is still running excellent. I would have driven it to Orlando Florida last week but my a/c is on the blink.

Power seats and power lumbar inflator.

Change the angle of the back seat bench.

95 Tahoe Fun and Reliable
By 95 Tahoe

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought a leased 96 Tahoe in Jul of 98. It is tan, 4wd with leather interior. We have 212K miles on it and it is still going strong. We have only replaced an alternator and the intermittent wiper motor (this one was a factory recall item). We have two small children ages 3 and 6 and we go everywhere in it. Living in Colorado we saw our share of ice and snow and we moved through the deep and not so deep snow in 4WD with no problems. If you are looking for a fun and good looking SUV the Tahoe is one you should look for.

4WD, color, performance

The 1995 Tahoe only had a drivers air bag, would have liked the reassurance of dual air bags.

A very decent used 4x4
By eric james

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

I've only owned my 95 tahoe a few months. I wanted to upgrade from my old rusty 91 GMC Jimmy with 240,000 miles. I got it way less than what the dealer wanted. $2,800. I had cash and he was ready to take it. Only 138,000 miles and it runs perfect. I did have to replace all 4 tires and the front shocks but I expected that from test driving it. Never drove it in snow yet but in mud from hard rain it went right through it, plenty of interior room and comfortable. I did replace the original 245/75-16 tires with 265/75-16 tires. A little wider and about 1 1/4 inch taller. I gained a mile a gallon from that. It's really a great vehicle for its age. Plenty of room inside and to work under the hood if repairs were needed. I love the standard 350 engine. Plenty of power and it's the most common engine ever to replace or buy parts for.

Lots of interior room. Attractive looking for a 13 year old vehicle. Very comfortable ride. Decent mileage for an older large vehicle, I'm getting 14 mpg. Using premium gas, and I don't hammer the gas a lot. But I live in the Ozarks so it's a lot of hills and twisty roads.

Only Car I could honestly stand by
By tgvas

1995 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this from my dad in 98. Had 45,000 on it, was mint, he changed the oil every 5,000. I've owned every car & truck I can imagine, none, absolutely no other vehicle has been comparable in any way. Usual service, battery, Alt, Starter once, now I need crank bearings, slight oil usage and some smoke, my mechanic says it should be fine after the installation. I have 165,000 on it now, and will never let this car go. It sits alongside my Audi allroad proudly, this is when GM really built them to last forever, give a great ride, comfort, saftey and a great look, it still shines in every way. Problems I have had.. Driver side window stops when hot Ah, that's it!

Solid as a tank, rides better then the Audi.

Wish the 2005's were built the same way, I might have grabbed one. Forget the 08's, dad has one, plastic, plastic and more plastic, rattles everywhwere!