Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

A Real SUV with great safety!
By Leon

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Z71 4WD that uses E85 consistently. I put a K&N air system, not just the filter into the engine and the performance increased remarkably. I use synthetic oil from first oil change and have not had the oil loss that others claim, but I do change my own oil. There have been several computer upgrades that this truck needs or else trans light come on for transfer case,etc.. Once this is taken care of have not had any problems. We use this for our long distance travel and I use it for heavy construction equipment repair offroad, sometimes WAY off road and it has always amazed me and others on scene with it ability to do what custom lifted vehicles can do in factory standard mode.

Comfort in all driving situations on and offroad. I was run of the road at night by a drunk driver while doing 70mph and had to go down an embankment. I floored the gas pedal and steered where I wanted to go and this truck did miracles avoiding a rollover and returning me to the road safely.

I know people who have had head on crashes with this truck and walked away! Make a model just for mileage for those who do not need any of the other characteristics that separate this from the car+ toys that some people seem to want.

Wish it were mine
By Larry

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wife traded in her 2005 Tahoe for this truck, it has been great. A couple of minor problems - knob on rear control fell off and piece of plastic in storage area broke, but besides that no problems. Have seen the dreaded "low oil" light once, brought it in. It is currently burning 1 pint of oil every 3K miles, so I hope it does not get worse - dealer said this was common...

DVD player, XM Radio, heated seats, rear buckets - easy access to third row seats.

mileage - even with fuel management still struggle to get over 18mpg on highways...

I wish it would work!
By Becky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got this car in anticipation of our 3rd child. I love the design and drive of this car but I have a problem with the oil. The low oil light has come on frequently causing a rebuild of the valves and a baffle replacement. I also had a drain on the battery that left my mom stranded unable to get to my daughter at school in time. Now I am told the oil problem is a problem with this model and will need a complimentary top off when it comes on. UGGG. The car isn't even 3 years old yet.

The interior is great for the kids to get in and out of. The exterior is a great design as well. The back up camera is great and I like the onstar feature. We have the LTZ with all of the bells and whistles which I really like. The auto start is great to get the car warm or cold for the kids.

Better quality control of the engine. The car drives so nice, it's a shame it isn't more reliable. It is a real pain to haul car seats in and out of loaner cars every other month while the car is in the shop.

Nice SUV but not "Built like a Rock"
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV when we purchased it it was much more expensive than they are today. The truck is used for both work and play. The truck has served us well but it has had many service issues from the trans going out to the DVD/ CD player that stopped working at 38K. Please keep in mind it had maybe played 20CD's and 10 movies in its life. GM has been poor when it comes to standing behind this SUV. After over 30 GM cars in my life this for me is the last one my wife will only drive GM so I will have one in my garage. In the end this is a very expensive car to maintain out of warranty.

seats and body style best looking SUV on the road

More towing capacity only 7K that is a Joke. Stronger trans put the 6 spd allison in this truck! Add a diesel to the engine options. Compartments in the floor in the back for storage. Make the back seats fold into the floor. Forget the ground clearance the spoiler in the front just clears a curb.

Great in Switzerland
By Franky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With a big family & dog lack of space is not an issue, anymore. Our Suburban has been successfully tested in one of the fiercest winters (08/09) on European roads. Also very popular in Europe: FlexFuel E85 works perfectly.

LTZ-model has everything you need. Kids are having a blast with entertainment system.

Suburban should be available as Hybrid: as Switzerland is much against SUVs, this would help the image. Further, GM should refrain from it's stupid policy not to support a European navigation system: just release those codes!!! I just hope GM doesn't go bankrupt before!