Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Wish it were mine
By Larry

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Wife traded in her 2005 Tahoe for this truck, it has been great. A couple of minor problems - knob on rear control fell off and piece of plastic in storage area broke, but besides that no problems. Have seen the dreaded "low oil" light once, brought it in. It is currently burning 1 pint of oil every 3K miles, so I hope it does not get worse - dealer said this was common...

DVD player, XM Radio, heated seats, rear buckets - easy access to third row seats.

mileage - even with fuel management still struggle to get over 18mpg on highways...

I wish it would work!
By Becky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We got this car in anticipation of our 3rd child. I love the design and drive of this car but I have a problem with the oil. The low oil light has come on frequently causing a rebuild of the valves and a baffle replacement. I also had a drain on the battery that left my mom stranded unable to get to my daughter at school in time. Now I am told the oil problem is a problem with this model and will need a complimentary top off when it comes on. UGGG. The car isn't even 3 years old yet.

The interior is great for the kids to get in and out of. The exterior is a great design as well. The back up camera is great and I like the onstar feature. We have the LTZ with all of the bells and whistles which I really like. The auto start is great to get the car warm or cold for the kids.

Better quality control of the engine. The car drives so nice, it's a shame it isn't more reliable. It is a real pain to haul car seats in and out of loaner cars every other month while the car is in the shop.

Nice SUV but not "Built like a Rock"
By Tom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a nice SUV when we purchased it it was much more expensive than they are today. The truck is used for both work and play. The truck has served us well but it has had many service issues from the trans going out to the DVD/ CD player that stopped working at 38K. Please keep in mind it had maybe played 20CD's and 10 movies in its life. GM has been poor when it comes to standing behind this SUV. After over 30 GM cars in my life this for me is the last one my wife will only drive GM so I will have one in my garage. In the end this is a very expensive car to maintain out of warranty.

seats and body style best looking SUV on the road

More towing capacity only 7K that is a Joke. Stronger trans put the 6 spd allison in this truck! Add a diesel to the engine options. Compartments in the floor in the back for storage. Make the back seats fold into the floor. Forget the ground clearance the spoiler in the front just clears a curb.

Great in Switzerland
By Franky

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With a big family & dog lack of space is not an issue, anymore. Our Suburban has been successfully tested in one of the fiercest winters (08/09) on European roads. Also very popular in Europe: FlexFuel E85 works perfectly.

LTZ-model has everything you need. Kids are having a blast with entertainment system.

Suburban should be available as Hybrid: as Switzerland is much against SUVs, this would help the image. Further, GM should refrain from it's stupid policy not to support a European navigation system: just release those codes!!! I just hope GM doesn't go bankrupt before!

Love Hate Relationship
By Shalom

2007 Chevrolet Suburban SUV LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's a beautiful car but within the 2 years we've had this, we have had to take it in to the dealership 10+ times for various issues (key fob, 4wd going out, 7th cylinder went out, etc). Each time one thing is fixed, something else goes out and we're left with no car. We bought it brand new no less. I have read more good than bad reviews, so I think we just bought a Monday/Friday car. If it weren't for the issues that keep cropping up, I adore this car. It's gorgeous, cushy, and compared to the Ford SUV's that cost 5k more, you get tons more features. Hopefully GM can figure out how to avoid these problems with current/future Suburbans.

Rides smooth, moon roof, DVD for the kids, roomy interior, handsome body, overall a fabulous looking car with gorgeous/stylish features.

The only latches in the middle row are in the middle and in the seat you fold down for 3rd row access (makes perfect sense!). Also, the captains chairs are in the back which I wish was the other way around-bench in back, captains chairs in middle, and no plastic bumpers!