Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Excellent vehicle
By MarkInKeizer

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Other reviews say it all about the improved fit and finish and the great design. It's a huge improvement over previous Suburbans and previous GM vehicles I've owned. I've driven a 1960 Pontiac Bonneville (about the same weight) and a 1999 Suburban. The Bonneville ranged from 9 to 12 mpg and the 99 Suburban got 11 to 13 and to get the higher mileage I had to drive in a style that had the little old man in a hat behind me irate! The 2007 gets 13.5 mpg accelerating faster than most people away from lights. This isn't 1 fuel economy like others have rated it. Comparing it to a Prius or Metro is NUTS! Come on lets compare apples to apples. I get 17 - 20 on the freeway. It needs the 2010 6 speed.

V8/4 tuning/fuel economy People and stuff capacity Locking rear differential 4 wheel drive and traction control remote start

Hybrid, electric motor to get it up to speed would easily put this rig in the high teens for city fuel economy. Back-up alert/camera on all trim levels and turn signals in mirrors.

It's suppose to be a truck not SurferVan
By diamond.s.ranch

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the look, got the z71 package. Drives great and smooth. No problems yet (2 years) except for tires wearing out so soon, replaced with Michelins, now alot better. I do not like the fact that the Suburban was always still a truck, for also carrying people, and now it's more like a MiniVan/Good Times Van inside. It's embarrassing. I think soccer moms decided to make it a Van and request the Captain chairs in the middle or something. It took me months to find one with bench in the middle and back instead of chairs. And now the middle bench when you fold it up does not make the floor underneath completely flat, you have the floor wells. It's only flat toward the 3 roll seats back.

Body-Style (GM don't go changing it yet again!). Smooth ride.

Put back bench seats in middle so that you can carry more than 6 people! It's a Suburban for pete's sake. And when benches are folded make the floor completely flat like the older suburbans were. GM don't you wonder why you are failing? Ask your customers who own Suburbans since 1987 what they want

What a change from 2003
By PElliott

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Suburban which I loved. I can't believe the changes! I thought I was already driving a nice ride, but Chevy has out done themselves. It is much roomier, rides like a dream and handles great. I was amazed with the turning radius. I was able to make a U-turn on a divided 2 lane street without clipping the curb. I love the 8/4 5.3L engine. I am averaging 22 mpg. I will admit most of my drive is commute (65 mph). The 2 third row seats nicely fold up against the second row with ease. In this configuration I carried a four tier wedding cake (separated), two large cube ice chest, three suitcases, 6 12 can cases of soda and several loose clothing bags with room left over.

Exterior design, redesigned console/dash and the quiet ride. Feels tighter with a better finish. It is a gentle giant among other large vehicles.

Crossbars for the roof rack should be standard equipment Drivers console should be a closed compartment with a lid like the older models.

Lemon
By Brad

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Transmission is junk. 4,000 miles after warranty expired the transmission failed. Searches on the internet produced many hits with the same issue. It seems Chevy knows this is an issue and has failed to do anything about it. Sad that a vehicle that costs over $50k can fail after only 40k miles... This is my second Suburban to have the same problem. Definitely buying an import next time. Americans cannot build cars.

Spacious interior

fix the tranny issues

My Dream Vehicle
By queeneene

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I can't remember if it's LT or LS. It's in the shop right now for the a/c- heat issues I've had with it since I bought it used a year ago. I have 3 kids and 2Lg dogs, it was excellent for driving from Alaska to La. last summer besides the heat going out while we were in the mts and a/c not working once we got in the southern states. Ar. dealership changed a part $250, Mechanic here changed parts twice $800+, Dealership here is trying to charge me $2,000 to replace half the a/c :( The shocks make it ride like a Cadillac. Flex fuel doesn't seem to make that big a difference. It does guzzle oil. The captains chairs in the center would be ideal in all of these large SUV's and make my job easier.

Leather seats, Smooth ride, Space, Large engine

Captains Chairs standard in center row, Fold flat 3rd row, Better oil efficiency?, a/c-heat issues fixed(on mine) :)Better Gas mileage.