Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Very Disappointed!
By travkelli

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would check the forums on the Oil consumption of this vehicle before you ever buy one. We have to put in 4qts of oil in between oil changes of every 3k miles. Apparently there are hundreds of others that have been the same. Also had batterie life issues that was eventually worked out, but wasn't on the first attempt which was also frustrating. I will NEVER own a GM vehicle again.

My first vehicle with heated seats, adjustable pedals and remote start, which is very convenient. However, remote start will not work if any dash lights are on, like your engine oil light that seems to come on way to often.

Fix the oil consumption issue. Also, GM, not very many people agree that a qt/1000 miles is acceptable. Sounds like they don't want to fix the problem. Too many disappointed customers.

my suburban
By lilb9012

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 2500 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i have a 2007 chevy suburban. i love it but it has to many problems. the drivers door now creaks. some how the dash board had a crack in it. the batterie dies a lot. i wish it had a little better gas milage. i dont drive it 24/7 i have drivin it a total of 10 times in 1 wk and and i used a total of 3/4ths of my tank. i get 11.5 miles to the gallon. and my speakers had to get replaced twice because they got blown out, i dont use the bass a lot and i dont blastthe music a lot but they just come and go..

the seats

BATTERIE LIFE, GAS MPG, THE BASS AND STERIO SYSTEM..... GET BOSE just like cadillac

Love the car but hate the problems
By 4babies2luv

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased this car back in 2007. we have a large family and we always have extra people with us. We started having problems with it like the battery dying. So the dealership replaced the battery. That happened a few times. Then we have the hid away running boards and the motor went out a few times and they replaced that. And now for the last 3 year the radio shorts out. we will be driving and all of a sudden the radio goes off the doors lock up the dash shuts off. All the electronics turns off. We are still able to drive but we cant get out of the car. They replaced the radio and they found 2 shorts and they supposebly fixed the problem but they didnt.

I love this car. It is fully equiped.

Fix my car

excessive oil consumption
By jjohn22

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Around 36000 miles I noticed our suburban started consuming 1 quart of oil per 1000 miles.
Over the past 2 years I have had the dealership try various "fixes" but it still consumes oil.
This is becoming a trend with the '07 suburban as others are experiencing the same problem.
My vehicle will be at the dealership for a week for the next round of exploratory surgery on the engine.
Hopefully they can find a fix as I am running out of powertrain warranty in a few months.
The first 2 years with this vehicle we had repeated electrical problems with battery discharge.
GM found a fix for that.

We bought this model for our family vehicle because of its generous size and comfort on trips.

Major problem with oil consumption and electrical problems causing repeated battery discharge. To date there has been no GM fix for the oil consumption. It will be back at the dealership next week for the 3rd round of tearing down the engine. For all this effort it would have been more cost effective to just replace the engine. GM customer service is not much help...they call every few days to ask "is it fixed yet?" They act more as customer pacifiers than problem solvers.

Love Hate Relationship
By FirstSUV

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this big SUV for our big family, and having that much space is great. But when things keep breaking down, breaking off, and breaking in general, all of the things you've always heard about Chevy's becomes true. Oil sensors, transmission -- what's next? That being said, it is fun to drive and looks really nice. Not sure that makes it worth all of the headache.