Used 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 97 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

$45K Bomb
By kevin Drahozal

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

What a mistake. The fob hasn't worked correctly since we purchased it – seats move, windshield washer operates un- expectantly, lift-gate opens when the remote start key is pushed... Worst yet, the engine ‘seized’ at 15K miles. GM replaced the engine under warranty but has done nothing to assured us that we haven’t got a lemon. In fact they have just about convinced us we do! Now we have a lag between when the accelerator is pushed and the vehicle moves, which we’ve been told is ‘normal’ or ‘within tolerance’. Going Japanese for our next vehicle.

Comfortable seats and leg room

Go back to steel bumpers, this is a truck! Forget the sunroof it takes up too much space.

Could use some improvements.
By KBJ

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought a 1500 LTZ 2 months ago. Love this vehicle, however, there are a few recommendations: auto up windows, more storage spaces, 3rd row does not fold flat, the active fuel management only goes into 4 cylinder mode when going downhill or on decel. (My Honda Odyssey will cruise at 83 mph in 3 cylinders!) With active fuel management, my economy is no better than with my 03 Suburban without it. What's up with that? Navigation does not seem to be accurate. My Honda also is better with this. I do love the looks, styling, comfort, OnStar, DVD system except not being able to listen to a CD when kids are watching a movie. Turning radius is greatly improved over older models.

Full functioning seats with heat and lumbar, turning radius, OnStar, XM radio, remote start, power folding mirrors, power liftgate. Parking assist feature. Power sunroof.

Better fuel economy! Is not any better than my 94, 99, or 03. All were about the same. Auto up windows and more storage compartments, place to keep the headphones. Tray to divide to cavernous center console. Better navigation system. Ability to dim rearview camera without dimming guages.

Long Live the Chevrolet Suburban
By Freddie Hamad

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this White 2007 Suburban LT 2 with rear entertainment system for my wife as we are expecting our 5th child ( in 4 years ) and her 2004 Mazda MPV was just too small to be comfortable. I, being in the auto sales busines, ( I have been selling Mercedes Benz for 2 years ), I researched every SUV out there. After driving everything, I settled down on the Suburban. My wife was very nervous about driving such a large SUV, But After a couple of weeks with the Suburban, I can not get her to let me take it out, she is in love with it and will never go back to a mini van.

Sitting up high and being able to see past the car in front of you. The solid feel of the truck vs the flimsy feel of a mini van. the kick in the pants performance of the V8. I love the power .

None.

2007 Chevy Suburban LTZ - Not the Best
By Jan

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is our first Chevy SUV. We've had the Ford Expedition and an Acura MDX. Interior design looks cheap. We've had numerous issues and recalls to contend with. Key fobs not working, replaced latch on 3rd row seat; there is not enough horsepower with the 1500 and in Houston traffic merging onto the freeway is dangerous. The Nav system is designed poorly and ineffective. And, now, latch on other seat is broken. We've not even had this car for a year yet - and it has been in the dealership for repairs 5-6 times in the first few months. If I wouldn't lose so much, I'd trade this car in today for the Expedition EL. Do not buy this car - go for the Expedition EL.

Automatic rear lift gate, remote ignition starter, rear entertainment system.

Needs more engine power, fewer trips to the dealership for repairs, 3rd row seats that function or fold flat like the Expedition.

Very annoying problems with the '07!
By andb

2007 Chevrolet Suburban LS 1500 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you don't want the price of leather, skip the '07 Suburban! We traded in a '02 Suburban that we loved and got a lemon. The fabric seats attract lint and hold it even through a vaccuuming with a $600 vaccuum. We have to vaccuum and then use a lint roller to even get close to getting the seats clean. We purchased fabric because we were so satisfied with the Chevy fabric in our '02 Suburban and '05 Chevy pickup. The '07 is a step in the wrong direction! At 6'4", I also have a problem with the location of the 4wheel drive knob. I knock it and turn it on everytime I get in without realizing it. Our 3rd row passenger seat has also had the knob for flipping it forward broken twice.

1) Switch the fabric on the seats; 2) move the 4wheel drive knob or make it harder to turn and 3)use quality materials on your seat levers; 4)Add space for storage. I had more in my minivan; 5) make stronger bumpers. I haven't hit anything yet, but I've felt them and they're not strong!