Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

My Favorite Suburban
By Val

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We had baby #3 and decided to move up from our Tahoe. This is my first Suburban and I love it! It is very comforable inside. We have buckets in the middle so the big kids can get in and out easily. The extra room was very needed. In the Tahoe to use the cargo room, all the kids had to sit in the middle seats, that made for lots of fighting. Now we can utilize the whole interior! The DVD system is still a big hit, although with three little kids, controls in the front might be nice.

The room! The DVD, touch screen navigation, XM radio. Pretty much everthing.

The gas mileage, but I still love the car.

Fuel System Vapor Locks
By Not a GM Fan

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought the vehicle to tow our 8000lb camper. It tows the vehicle very well, however, it has died on us three times. Each time, we're headed up I-70 west of Denver in 95 degree heat towing the camper. The fuel system vapor locks. Chevrolet keeps replacing the fuel pump, but the fuel pump obviously isn't the problem -- the vehicle is completely drivable (until placed in the aforementioned conditions). If it happens one more time (and we fully expect it will), the state of Colorado will officially consider it a lemon and hopefully we'll get our money back.

Power extending mirrors for towing.

Reliability. It's hazardous to be driving a vehicle this big while towing an 8000lb trailer and have it totally die with no power brakes and no power steering in heavy interstate traffic.

New Purchase, Happy
By M.D'Arco

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2004 Armada, 14 months old. It had brake and wheel alignment issues, and air bag issues. I traded for the Suburban. The Chevy rides better, and quieter. More like a luxury car rather then a truck. Had the Suburban as a loner for a week. fell in love with the thing and bought one.

Great ride. Comforable, and very quiet

Rear sonar, since it is so big.

Good handling and comfort despite huge size
By jmfnmln

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We stepped up from a Ford Expedition when our family grew. It was a good move! It handles very well despite its size, has good power and handling, and the interior space is great. It is very comfortable -- more so than the Expedition, and I don't find it too much more difficult to maneuver.

More easily controled heat/AC vents, plain interior/controls. Center console should flip straight up, rather than to the left.

Love My Truck
By Cathie

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Very nice looking truck. Very comfortable. The kids love the DVD player (Playstation may be used) The ride is great, and I feel very safe! I had a Suburban before, and we got rearended. Te only thing that saved the backseat people was the size of the truck. Hit at 50 miles an hour sitting at a stop light . This truck saved us. I love this truck and will always own one.

The sunroof and the DVD player. OnStar. 6 CD changer. All the extras are great !

I think you should be able to adjust the rear view mirror in the same place you ajdust the other mirrors . I have to lean forward, fix the mirror ,sit back and look and so on.