Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Finally Got My Suburban
By rdvideo1

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After 25 years of wanting a Suburban, finally got one. This truck drives like a car. They have really improved the ride, noise dampening, and creature comforts. Live in an area that has a lot of hills. This truck negotiates them like they weren't even there. Some of my passengers have complained about the 2nd row seats not adjusting but not too much else. Traded in a high top conversion van which had more room but was terible in the winter for traction (2 rear wheel drive). The front bucket seats are a little tight when the arm rest is down. Find myself resting my arm on the center flip up console. Gas mileage is around 14.5 around town (with a lot of hills). Does better on the highway.

Steering wheel controls, OnStar, fog lights, information center, flip up rear door.

Passenger adjustable rear seats, wider bucket seats (like the conversion vans), fold down flat 2nd and 3rd row seats like the Chrysler minivans.

Great Truck
By rl1961

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love this truck. I owned a Toyota Sequoia before this, but there is no comparison. Chevrolet thought it all through and delivered a great SUV!

Driveability, ease of towing, drivers amenities. Just a great riding truck.

Easier access for the passenger to the radio controls.

Great Suburban
By LaDonna Whitt

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. It drives great and gets better gas mileage than was listed. And I love the 4 wheel drive because I can go pretty much where we please. It handles beautiful on highway and dirt roads. I even get wonderful milage in the mountains. I am glad I drive a Suburban. It has a lot of room and for long or short trips I can put so much in the roomy back. I have drove a Chevy a lot of years and I love them.

Great Car
By Cherry

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have truly enjoyed my Suburban. After months of looking and researching, I had my heart set on the Yukon XL Denali. But once I saw the Z71, I realized it had every one of the features that appealed to me about the Denali, at a considerably lower cost. The touch-screen stereo/navigation system and DVD player are a must for my family of 7. The cargo space feels like 4 times that of my previous vehicle, the Ford Expedition.

Touch-Screen XM Stereo w/DVD Navigation system. Absolutely unnecessary, but so much fun to have! It's the one feature that I willingly paid extra for. Actually, on a recent trip out of state, the Nav system came in quite handy. Of course we also have OnStar and the phone service as well.

You can never have too many cupholders!

Would love to love this SUV
By k.

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We purchased out 2005 Suburban in Sept. and I loved it! But 2 weeks later a freeze plug in the engine compartment started to leak. We have had it to 2 different dealerships 4 times now and its still not fixed, its leaking and smells of antifreeze. It had 12,000 miles on it when we bought it and yes it is still under certified warranty,but this is still very annoying. I really liked this suv, but all this running to the dealership is making me wonder if I made a mistake trading in my Honda for a Chevrolet seeing that no one seems to be able to solve this problem and my Honda was so reliable.

The size,separate a/c, heater controls, ride smoothness, and nice handling.

Needs different seatbelt armrest design as seatbelt digs into armrest on front bucket seats. It should come standard with 6 cd changer, and backup warning system.The 3rd seat should fold into floor, they're to heavy to remove seats if you need more cargo space.An easier access to 3rd row seat.