Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Converted Jeep owner
By robert bratek

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and rides like a large car. W use it instead of our car 90% of the time. If driven sensably we get 22mpg on long trips(55mph).

In dash information on trip info, mpg, tire pres. etc.

Parking lot side door protection. Lift gate lock in up position.

Got to Love it !
By Sean

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehcile for two reasons. First just always wanted one, I've always owned GM products from my '69 Camaro, '71 Chevelle, Sonoma pick up, to Grand Prix and multiple other vehicles. Second of all safety for my large family and towablity.

Sun roof, glass lift in the back, tri zone, dvd,6 changer, OnStar, everything the truck has I'm in love with.

I'm a big guy so the third row isn't a problem getting it out. But some kind of fold down system would work better. Sometimes you need to haul goods at the last minute and can't leave the third row at the store or over a family members house.

I Thought I Would Never Buy American
By Ken Chief

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was on my way to pick up a Toyota Seq. and stopped at one last dealership. My wife fell in love with the Suburban and I have been stuck with driving our minivan ever since. We travel a lot with our 3 kids and always have a lot of gear. With kids, get the split bucket seats in the back for easy entry to the far rear seat. I have towed my 3,000 lb boat with a loaded truck on a 2500 mile trip and it was a breeze. It's been about 18k now and not a problem yet. We love the room, comfort, DVD system and the handling in the snow. I am very impressed. If it weren't for the employee pricing last year, I would have never stopped to check it out. I have owned Highlander, Camry, Odyssey, Audi

Comfortable seats, lumbar support, huge storage, Bose stereo, DVD, quiet ride, easy controls, trip computer

DVD Screen blocks rear view from mirror, gas mileage, no jacks in far rear for wired headphones

Chevy Suburban -- Z71
By Margo

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable vehicle we've owned during the past 35 years. I feel safe when traveling the interstates!

We like the comfort, reliability, and ability to see what's ahead!!!

In this day and age, we'd like more fuel economy; however, we bought this vehicle to perform certain tasks, and it does those well!

The best in its class
By Chris McGovern

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

An awesome vehicle so far. The features alone on this model of Suburban are enough to be excited about. Heated seats aside, OnStar protects and XM entertains, while this cargo and people spacious SUV takes us to wherever we want, in style and comfort. This is in another class as far as Large SUV's are concerned. I have driven many and I always come back to the standard bearer. No one combines this much, luxurious combination, of driving features not costing 60k. More power could be had, but that withstanding,the best in its class.

XM, OnStar, heated, memory,and adjustable seats.Cargo room Leather appts.

Put the 6.0 L in the LT's from here on.