Used 2005 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Belated 6 Year Suburban Review
By Mike A.

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Well, I leased this vehicle back in Dec.04. This one had all the options. If I had to do it again NO WAY would I have leased. If you are going to BUY a vehicle and hold for a long time you should BUY as you will save $$. This vehicle has been nearly perfect. 3k miles between oil changes with NO oil loss! AC, Tranny, Drive Train all PEFECT. I have done all maintenance before the mileage required. I have NOT particularly babied this vehicle. I LOVE the auto 4WD and this should be mandatory for a truck this size. In wet conditions this baby STICKS to the road! Snow is FUN! OK at 58,500 what is broke - NOTHING! Even power fold mirrors WORK. OK - 2 buttons on the DVD/NAV are worn-can't read info!

Family and passenger safety, solid truck frame construction can handle everything you can load, V8 is smooth and quiet, 4WD, especially automatic 4wd makes a huge stability impact in bad weather and stops fish tailing.

Brakes need more authority. Compared to most vehicles you really have to push on the 2005, but they stop hard when you need it and brakes last forever. NAV needs to be more intuitive and changeable on the fly.

Can't find anything I like better
By M and K

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned too many vehicles in my time and have found this one to be the best fit for our family. With Dance competitions and Soccer meets having us on the road often, the room, comfort and reliability have proven invaluable. I am the person who trades every two years, until now. I have looked at new vehicles often, but been unable to find anything that fits us better or that I/we like better.

Quiet, comfortable interior. 2nd row buckets. Rear seat entertainment. Dependability. Ride quality.

Bland dash looks.

Great vehicle
By GCS

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love it! Have the basic LS model which is pretty much loaded. Only extra cost options are the trailer tow package and block heater. Bought it new and specifically wanted the 3.42 rear end gears and happy we did - Get great MPG for this size vehicle. Up to 21 MPG on the highway. (That's actual calculated mileage - the trip computer is usually optimistic by a .5 MPG. I found with E-85 the mileage is about 20% less - so look for 20% less pricing on E-85 to make it worthwhile. It does well towing a camper and has lots of room for passengers and luggage. A great vacation/trip vehicle - smooth quiet ride with comfortable seats. Only repair was to fix a clunk in the steering. Very reliable.

Comfort - good mileage for its size - trip computer - steering wheel controls.

It is great as is.

Usable comfort
By dan

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this 2005 Suburban LT used a year ago with 35000 miles and it now have over 60000. It joined a 07 Quest van as our people hauler and run-about vehicle. The Suburban has won everyone's heart and we use it constantly, much more than the Quest. Superbly comfortable, capable and USABLE! Does all the chores including trips from Nebraska to Arizona. We love it. Only improvement would be the 6 speed transmission and a touch more power, but otherwise it has proven to be the best vehicle we have ever purchased. Certainly will not be our last Suburban.

Comfort, quiet interior, gas mileage great for it's size, comfortable seating and of course, ROOM.

6 speed auto (new ones have it), otherwise, keep building it the same. That's why people love them.

For a big family, there's no other ride!
By Ricky

2005 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We have a large family (7) already when we purchased this Suburban. Then, we became foster parents and we grew to 9! Ours has the optional bench seat in the front, which is a rarity we found out, but we all love it. For the large family, there's no other way to go. We can even go on weeks' vacation with most of the luggage in the back!

Seating capacity for 9, large cargo area, decent MPGs for a huge car.