Used 2004 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 140 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Buy American and buy the best!
By Keith Rigsby

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

So much room, power, capability, wrapped up in such a handsome design with rock solid reliability. That's the Suburban. There is nothing better. Filled with luggage to the ceiling, 4 adults, driving 80-85 mph going to Colorado for snow skiing last month. Averaged 17.9 mpg! 2 wheel drive and it handled the snow covered mountain passes and switchbacks with ease. Drives like a much smaller vehicle. You can keep the Toyotas and Hondas. Give me American ingenuity at it's best with the Suburban. The Suburban has been a hit for General Motors since 1935! It's only gotten better over the years and the '04 is one of the best. love it! Long live General Motors and Cheverolet!

OnStar, 2nd row bucket seats, powerful and efficient 5.3 liter V8, all the room, DVD player, heated seats, sunroof, memory presets for seats/mirrors, durable and comfortable leather seats, dual zone and automatic climate control, stabilitrack.

Rain sensing wipers, auto up windows and sunroof, wind deflector for sunroof to cut down on wind noise when sunroof is open, floor mats for 3rd row passengers and walk way between 2nd row bucket seats.

love that Quadrasteer
By CharlieT

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I tow a 6000 lb Airstream and am very happy with the peformance. I have the 6.0 with a 3.73 rearend. I don't plan on getting a bigger trailer so I wanted to maximize mpg at the expense of a little more grunt. After almost three years and 25K miles I think I made the right choice. I get about the same as mileage towing (12 mpg)as I did pulling my 5000 lb Airstream with an Astro van but with much better stability, acceleration, and stopping power.

I especially enjoy the quadrasteer and the autoride suspension. It handles like a small car - easy to manuever in parking lots and the ride is quite comfortable. I also enjoy the 37 gal fuel capacity.

This is the best truck I've owned. I don't feel the need to change anything.

Great Ride!
By airdefense

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought my first Suburban. Love the Z-71 features. The room is great after coming from a Camaro Z-28 Conv't.

Ride, height, and envious looks from Expedition drivers.

Gas mileage.

Nothing but a Suburban for me
By Norma J. Francis

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban because of its size & height. It was a gift from my husband after driving a luxury car for many years. He had a 2002 Suburban that we used commercially. We never had a single problem with it & it served us well. With 44,000+ miles & 2 years of constant traveling, I knew I wanted a bigger car. Namely a Suburban. He got me a 2004 as a family car and there is nothing like it. My only complaint is, it loves gasoline making short trips around town, but the highway driving is great. I never want a smaller car again. A good feeling of security.

Size, height, roomy, and it is a vehicle I feel completely comfortable in. The comfort of being up high is a big plus & never the fear of a rollover. Totally satisfied & enjoy it.

Improve the gas consumption or make it to run on Methonol. Everyone faces this wish for improvement.

Love this ride.
By Coleary

2004 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Owned two Expeditions and a minivan before Suburban. Gets better gas than them, 21/16. Rides smoothly, tight turns, handles beautifully, has plenty of power, loaded w/bells and whistles my Expeditions never offered.

DVD, sunroof, CD, seat warmer, memory seats all well used and appreciated extras.

How about one in hot pink w/flames and a cream interior. And throw in 4 headsets instead of 2.