Used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...31

Pros
Cons

Chevy Suburban goes the extra mile

Rodney Martin, 08/19/2015
1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought the Suburban brand new in 2003. It now has 240,000 miles. I've reapolstered the front seats, installed a new stereo system with blue tooth, installed Flow Master Exhaust and put new rims on it. I love this vehicle. It is a great ride, has been very reliable. I've never been left on the roadside with this vehicle. We've followed the manufacturer recommended maintenance schedule and it's still going strong. I've heard of Suburbans going over 400,000 miles. I'm shooting to break the record, then put a new engine in it and keep this thing forever. We love it so much, we bought the GMC version of this; GMC Yukon Denali, and we love it even more.

Just went over 300,000 miles

jollyprez, 10/27/2014

Bought new in December, 2003. Had a few warranty issues, but don't care as they were paid-for. Outside of warranty, we've had about $5,000 in repairs over the past DECADE. ( not including tires & brakes ) This includes replacing both bumpers as they rusted from New England road salt. Sure, there are few things that don't work, but mostly little things. We were considering a new tow vehicle, but figure for another $5,000 we can really spruce this puppy up, and save $50,000.

Suburban again

vince foster, 09/17/2002

Nice ride and handling features. Very comfortable for long trips.

The best in large SUVs

quickjack, 09/01/2012

I had my Suburban for 2 years, and during that time racked up 25,000 miles without issue. Aside from being one of the most reliable vehicles I have had, it was also the most comfortable, more so than my Jaguar or Cadillac. I averaged 15 mpg city and 19 highway. I used it as a tow vehicle at times, where it pulled a 4000lb car plus trailer without breaking a sweat, even managing 14 mpg on the freeway doing it. The big truck was deceptively easy to drive, even in the worst of weather. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a large people mover.

The Best Generation of Burb Yet...a JOY

corpstothecore, 09/18/2012

We owned a ’03 1500 LT Sub for five years before finally upgrading to a 2500 same year color (White). The first huge difference is the ¾ ton’s rear leaf springs which really smooth out the worst part of I-40 at Yukon, OK…blop-blop-blop-blop-blop all the way in most truck with coil springs in all four, but not the case with the beefy beast. Handling is a dream with hardly any body role, which is remarkable for such a huge high sitting comfort ride. New vehicles are still advertising amenities as something special which these GM trucks have offered for over a decade! It’s a true luxury go anywhere ultra-comfort ride that puts a smile on faces and is fun as well as a joy to drive off-road &...

12345...31