Used 2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 153 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

2003 Z71 suburban
By Mike

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2003. I had some problem with the dash rpm gauge twice which was corrected. The sending unit in the gas tank went bad and that hurt my pocket. But for as many miles this has driven and the places it has been ( I don't baby it ) meaning I point it and it goes on/off road--tow , I'm happy as cake with her. I'm not a little guy and its like sitting on my sofa at home. It fits 5 and tows a boat with all equipment. Hunt,fish no problem. Pull son's car out of ditches--no problem

heated leather seats,moon roof,powerful engine,comfortable ride

spruce up plain jane dash, A little more height in the suspension (Z71)

best suv
By nbcar

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best full size suv for your money. It is the best vehicle for long rides and can fit 8 people and all their bags and still have space to run around. Bose radio system is great.

all power. heated seats, folding mirror. bose system

gas millage.

Chevy = Hype
By Cameron

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have always driven Fords with very little trouble. Everyone suggested I "upgrade" to Chevrolet. After owning one I can say it will be my last. I replaced the fuel pump at 70K. At 80K the speedometer cluster quit working (very common on this vehicle). Also at 80K the transfer case went out. Should I mention the electrical problems? Power doors work intermittently, windows sometimes don't roll down. When it runs, I like it. But, it spends just as much time in the shop and for a 43K vehicle, it's not worth the trouble. I'm going to get rid of it and get a reliable SUV. I'm convinced that Chevy is simply hype. I haven't exactly been blown off of my feet.

Quit using junk parts.

Some things questionable
By Vaughn

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had the same problems as a lot of Z71 owners had, the instrument cluster is going dead, and the front suspension/shocks are brutal. I have always been a Chevy guy, especially going for the Suburban for size and comfort, but GM should know better than to compromise on this simple engineering.

Size, comfort, fun to drive, power.

Electronics, suspension.

Try it you wiill like it
By WOW

2003 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my vehicle in 2006, at that time it had 74000 miles and I have had it for about one and a half years. I have had to replace the throttle body, but overall, it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is spacious,the dvd keep the passengers occupied, second row captain chairs are very comfortable and the third roow seating, really can seat adults. If you haven't noticed I have the LT model and I did not think American vehicle had it in them, but I tell you if you are looking for space, this is it. try it you will like it,convince my cousin to buy one and he's lovin' it.

DVD, rear entertainment, heated seat for my wife, and the stereo.

The new ones cover it all, back-up monitor and or sensor.