Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 83 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

It's Awesome
By Dominic Schreiber

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the only vehicle I have ever purchased new. It was a Christmas present for my wife after downsizing her from an Expedition to an Audi A4! The Suburban is HEAD AND SHOULDERS above the Expedition! I have had it over four years now with 79000 miles and NOT A PEEP out of it. Yeah it sucks gas....but look at what it is! I will never get rid of it unless I buy a new one!

Everything

A Duramax Diesel

You get what you pay for
By KEITH

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck has the z71 suspension, towing package, interior upgrades. I have not driven a full sized SUV that has driving this well. The rear locking differential is a wonderful feature to augment 4 wheel performance. A heavy vehicle for steep descents on ice. It’s imperative to know how to drive a vehicle in icy conditions when traversing this much weight. Comfort level is very high on and off road. Fuel usage is not overcome by the great power band of the motor - it still hurts to fill it up. Small price for the safety of my passengers. This vehicle is not to be compared to car based SUV's. Don't lift the suspension of this truck it becomes top heavy and loses its solid stance.

The kids like the DVD player. I like the suspension, space in back, third seat and engine power. I also like the heating and cooling controls it allows for the interior to have different comfort levels throughout the truck.

When I read reviews I notice the scores go down as the models go toward basic models. Clearly, the z71 suspension is key to enjoying this vehicle. The upgraded interior is very nice and I would not want to have something other than power leather seats. Required 4-wheel drive, towing package.

Suburban Review
By Bruce Sullivan

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great! I use it to haul my family and to tow a camper. Outstanding power, comfort, and extemely reliable.

Heated seats and rear airconditioning controls.

Love my 'Burb
By ddb

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2002 Suburban has been an excellent ride. 90% of miles are on major, crowded, dangerous interstate. Car has held up very well w/almost no maintenance needs. Super comfortable. What I pay in gas is made up for in safety and comfort. It's the best car I've ever had.

Best-riding car. Great A/C - a major issue in Texas heat. Car has good get- up-and-go on the interstate, given it's size.

Everything drops in the holes created between the driver/front passenger seat and the middle storage department. I end up searching under the seat all the time. Only other issue is no locking compartment inside the car.

The Burb
By Burber

2002 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It's been great with the exception of having to replace the catalytic converter which cost a few bucks! Sufficient power, drives smaller than it is, very quiet.

Size, comfort

One touch closing moonroof, better interior materials for a 40K vehicle.