Used 2002 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 81 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2002 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Best Big Family Rig.... HANDS DOWN!!!
By Matt M.

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 'burb with 85,747 miles. We were nervous about buying one with over 75k, but now I'd buy one with 150k on it... Previously we had a 2005 dodge ram 3500 long bed, we needed more room for the kids and this was the first obvious option. After owning this one I'll definitely buy another. It pulls our 23' travel trailer with ease and the whole family is comfortable. NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS whatsoever, and 161,982 miles later we've done nothing more than maintenance and tires / brakes. the MOST DEPENDABLE VEHICLE I'VE EVER HAD!!

great interior design, with quad captain's chairs it's a snap to access the third row. Excellentr stereo system with the factory subwoofer option and great styling outside. plenty of power for pulling trailer

taller suspension (low ground clearance is a hinderance when driving 30 miles a day on logging roads... (hunting every fall) rear heat and a/c should have a control feature to limit

Great for a big family!!
By jayna

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck last year because we where expecting a new baby and needed more room. I LOVE this truck. It drives great and you can barely hear the engine running it is sooo quiet. I have had no big problems with it. Its great for hauling stuff too. I had to move my husbands 800 series bobcat and it pulled it so nicely. I could barely tell I was hauling it.

I love that it has the cordless head phones so that my kids can watch a movie or listen to some other type of music on the radio or cd. It is very compy and love how you can adjust the seat to your comfort and that the seats can heat up too when too cold.

I would love to see them make it so that the 3rd row seats could fold down flat and of course better gas is always a plus++

Love My Suburban
By jcam

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my Suburban. With 80,000 miles on it, it has cost me less in maintenance than my Honda scooter with 4k. Be prepared for the gas bill, but be pleasantly surprised by the lack of maintenance cost. I do regular oil changes, have changed tires twice, and just got my first brake job. I love my 'burban. It's about to haul me, my wife and our two dogs on a three week camping trip across the country, and I have no worries about it's performance. Buy American! You wont be disappointed!!!

Tight turning, exceptionally smooth ride, tons of space, safety, low maintenance cost.

Fuel economy and lower price point.

Great SUV
By BP

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Suburban. I rolled the first one. We bought this one with 113,000 miles on it and it still looks new. There is hardly any wear in the leather at all and the carpet still looks great. Maybe they didn't have kids? Have not had any problems yet. Love the comfort and ride. Much quieter than my 99'.

Power, comfort, memory seats.

No controls in the steering wheel.

Great Traveling Car, too many repairs
By Colorado Traveler

2002 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 LS 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought 1 year old with 27k miles. Drives like a dream, even in extreme snow/blizzard. Problem is reliability. Had AC replace at 50k, transmission at 60k, transmission at 90k, transmission at 110k. Never towed anything, just issues with transmission. With complaints said, we feel ultra safe traveling, even in extreme blizzards when other cars are spinning off the road. Put Yokohama AT/S tires on it, and can go anywhere in sun/rain/snow.

Ultra safe driveability in our harsh Colorado winters.

Better transmission...