Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

01 Suburban Review
By kbdelong

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have not owned it very long, but already love the vehicle. I have two grown teenaged daughters, my wife, myself and an invalid mother-in-law that is with us a great deal. The Suburban gives us all the room we need to transport everyone. We just got back from a beach vacation in the truck, and I am here to say I am furthur impressed with the load capability and comfort. Also, it gets approximately 18 mpg on the highway. I have friends that have had them for several years. and I wish I had not hesitated to finally purchase one. I will looking to purchase a new one by next year

Drivability is great. The view from inside the cab is great. it's very comfortable for long trips, and has plenty of carry space, especially with the luggage rack and trailer hitch.

DVD player location. Needs little more space in floorboard for 3rd row seating. The rear passenger radio/headset panel is in a bad place and is constantly being sat on or otherwise pressed into the console

Super
By harold

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is one of the easiest SUVs to drive, even in reverse and when parking. It feels like a good expensive sedan. Not bouncy nor tight like other "large" SUVs. Except for the gas expense and the outside mirrors that do not fold by themselves, I think this is a super car.

Self folding mirrors, two piece third row sit

Excellent Car
By lemursrule

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

When we purchased the vehicle in 2001, we were told that it was used as a program car. If it was displayed in public, then it must be good. This vehicle is well built and tough. A monster 8.1 V8 engine leaves nothing to be desired. The ride and suspension is excellent, and road noise is little to nothing. I would definitely purchase another Suburban. The depreciation is excellent, and the model is one of the most wanted SUV models in existence. It also is fun to drive and comfort is excellent!!

Huge cargo area. Rear stereo controls. Feeling of safety

The steering column and sun visors are a little off center from the driver and passenger.

Happy man
By NY suburbanite

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great truck. I read reviews about "bad fuel economy". Remember this is a big truck and for its engine and vehicle size, it's good on gas. I had an Explorer which was a lot worse. Over all this is a great vehicle. It's very comfortable, and handles great. I'm a Suburban man for life.

Interior leather is the best. Overall construction, and the car like ride

A fold away 3rd row seat

Best SUV for your money
By Melissa

2001 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My Suburban has great power when I need it. It is as comfortable as a car, and has lots of room inside. It has been extremely dependable. I have not had any problems with it. I plan on keeping it for a long time. I would not drive any other SUV. It's solid and you feel very safe in it.

My model has the barn doors. I don't believe they offer that option any more. Also, the car has great "pick up" lots of power. I also love OnStar.

None