Used 2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 78 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Best SUV and a low cost to operate
By Tom the salesman

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

My Suburban was purchased used in 2001. The car had 18,000 miles when purchased. I use this car for work since the day I purchsed it. My average gas millage is a poor 16mpg but concidering the low maintenance cost to operate I feel Like I get 40mpg. The car has 428,000 miles and rides like a new car. Here is a list of my repairs. 160K first tune up done by myself. 210k & 400k a fuel pump gave out (850.00 ea. installed). At 250K the Air conditioner was replaced. At 340,000 I replace engine with a used 60K mile engine installed for 1,200.00. At 360K trans died (800.00 used and installed) Replaced back shocks and at 400,000 replaced rear rodors and pads, front rotor is original.

Reliability and low cost for repairs only one tune up. What a car. Incidently I still drive this car and it looks and drives great. When I ask people to guess how many miles I have on this car; they can't believe it. We will buy another Chevy, GMC or Escalade.

Suburban
By Whitedawg

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 2WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am the orignal ownwer of this vehicle. I have ensured this vehicle has met every scheduled mx as well as regular oil changes, At 85K a hose clamp gave way, 98K replaced window regulator and 101K AC compressor, new one has life time warranty. We travel exetensively and love traveling in the Suburban.

Comfort for long trips. Rear bucket seats. Rear AC control keeps it comfortable for the dogs all the way in the back when they travel with us

Fuel mileage, but it sure is better than my Ford F-150 4x4

Big Truck Feel - Luxury Ride and Control
By Chevyguy

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this Suburban used from a private party and I've had a few normal maintenance issues, but overall this thing is a beast that never dies. I tow a camper back and forth for a total of 120 miles every weekend in the summer and I have no problems and get over 10 mpg (6000 lbs camper). The ride feels like a car and it handles like a car. I love my Suburban!

Push button 4x4 + auto 4wd. Sunroof, memory seats, heated seats. Tow haul mode. Great power with decent mileage for an8600 lbs vehicle.

Nothing really. Audio controls on the steering wheel, but they have alerady done that in the 03's and up. Awesome vehicle!

World Class
By J. CASTILLON

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Best vehicle I've ever purchased. We've taken 3 vacation trips 2 to Florida, 1 to our nation's capitol just after 9/11. The interior creature comforts in our's made every trip enjoyable. We felt confident on the mechanial reliablity, and have had no problems. With over 88,000 miles traveled, to countless soccer, baseball, and footbal practices, and games. My wife thought it was too big at first. Now she has claimed as her own. The kids, and dog love it too. Some of her friends prefer it to their vehicle because of the heated seats, and cargo space (etc.) when they go shopping. We have others who are amazed at the ride, and condition for a vehicle. Someday I hope to claim it as mine own again.

Body sytle, LT Auto ride syspension, interior creature comforts, heated seats. frt.,.rear heat, and air. moon roof. The heated exterior rear view mirrors.

More ground clearance.

Love the Burb
By Happy burb in So CA

2001 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 2WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We've owned this Sub since moving up from a Tahoe. Ours has been flawless for hauling kids, gear and even towing a 20' trailer full of off road vehicles. The K&N intake and a superchips programmer are a must upgrade and it doesn't need a loud exhaust because we love to hear the soundtracks of the DVDs. Our kids and their friends love it. I think we'll keep this one even after we get my wife a new one.

Cargo doors, comfort of front seating, and ease of driving for a large vehicle.

Our climate control only gets the interior warm when the knob is turned to the full red position. Hope the new ones have a little more automatic adjustment with this.