Used 2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Oldy but Goodie
By Dave

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

We purchased this truck used with 77K miles on it for the 3rd row seating. Plus my wife isn't the best of driver, so if she got into an accident, there is a good chance of her and my kids walking away. We now have 111K miles. I have replaced the shocks, tires, and alternator, in the last four years. American quality I feel is more than reached by this vehicle seeing how the above is routine/scheduled maintance. Gas is not the greatest in the city, but on the highway, fill up with Plus grade, and see your avg shoot from 18mgs to over 28 mpgs going 70 plus mph on the highway. We have done long road trips with this truck for quite sometime now. If you can find one in good shape buy it

4x4

Rear windows

Great car
By shane

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LT 4dr SUV

Great car has lasted for years. Subarans are fun to drive. Had it for 8 years and looks brand new still. Great for going places and very reliable

The outside

189k and still going... what a tank
By mountainman68

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My 2000 Suburban is a 3/4ton 4x4 LT and gets me anywhere I want to go. I've been through snow 4 feet deep. The 6.0L vortec really pulls through. Ive been up 7% grades 100 times. It has seen the backwoods, towed 11k trailers, and has been through deep mud and water on hunting season. I bought this truck with 16k on it and it now has nearly 190k with nothing more than belts, tires, and 2 sets of brakes replaced. I pull out trucks all the time up by our cabin in mariposa pines, our toyhauler on the beach, and i love the feeling of owning a huge american tank.

Big leather seats. large vortec engine, 4x4, and all the room, and most of all the safety for my family.

Gas mileage, although it isn't that bad. 12.5 in town and almost 20 on the road.

Safety, Safety, Safety!
By Campbell

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LS 4dr SUV

My family was recently rear-ended by an 18-wheeler on I-75 in our Surburban. We all walked away with minor scratches and bruises. We have had some mechanical problems in the past(fuel pump, transmission and rear-end problems) but I don't think I will ever trust another vehicle as much. The "burb" was totalled and I felt I was leaving my "Best Friend behind". I don't think many cars would have taken the hit we did and keep us as safe as this one did. I will be buying another one, you better believe! Mechanical problems can be fixed, family sometimes can't.

Love the roominess, we have had all nine places in use and we were very comfortable. I have had it loaded with even kitchen cabinets. Its huge! Again, though, my favorite would have to be safety.

My husband would like to see Chevy work on the mechanical problems more. We got 18 MPG though, not bad for such a huge SUV.

What a fun, functional car!
By danblocker1106

2000 Chevrolet Suburban SUV 1500 LT 4dr SUV

I have owned this car for 7yrs. It has been a great car. We have 6 in our home and often take our grown children and grandchildren places and to the lake. We can fill the car with 9 people, luggage in the back and top of car. In addition we tow a large pontoon boat or a travel trailer. Gas mileage is reasonable. The service cost has been very small. I have a very bad back with chronic pain. Yet, I am very comfortable in this car. It looks great!

Room for 9. The 4 wheel drive (fun for hunting, fishing, and camping.) Child safety door locks. Reasonable gas mileage. Very reliable!

I love the new climate controls on 2007's. I think the new towing package on the back that has changed on the 2007 has solved the biggest problem. I can think of nothing else that needs work!