Used 1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 99 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Lots of room, that's it
By Kevin

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Love the room. That’s all. Man, this thing has been expensive to maintain. At 110,000, had to put an $800 fuel pump in it while on vacation. The ac/heat blower motor only works on high now. Mechanics say a $40.00 sensor is bad, but since it requires the removal of the dash... labor alone is $450.00. Power locks usually don’t work. Left rear window only rolls down half way. Passenger seat heater comes on and off.

Lots of power and lots of room

Build some components that last. Other than the engine, this thing is very poor quality and reliability. Very dissappointed.

I love my Suburban
By Jett1

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Gas mileage is what you would expect for size and capacity. In short, extremely reliable, 5.7 4wd it has taken care of my wife and 3 kids very well. Been in 2 accidents. The truck has over 170k on it now I'm getting concerned about the transmission but it hasnt given me a reason yet. I plan on keeping it till they ban gas or it rusts out.

4wd, ton of space, great towing capacity my wife loves the heated seats

Design of the front brakes. The single piston calipers tend to warp the rotors, which they did improve in new design. Lower the price of these trucks. A total year's salary to pay for a vehicle in crazy.

I love my truck
By Mo

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 LS 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased this truck used with 47,000 miles on it in 2001. Have taken several major road trips, now have over 160,000 miles on it. Last summer, in the mountains, fuel pump went, not good. Need to expect some major repairs on a vehicle with this many miles tho'. With soaring gas prices I have entertained getting something more economical, however, after reading these reviews, I am encouraged that reliability, power and comfort might be worth the trade off in gas dollars. There's no beating it for hiway driving, so much more visibility and appreciate the higher profile. Still hauling kids, think I've convinced myself to keep it til it dies! Been told they can go for 300K

Body style, roominess, smooth ride, large gas tank, 4WD (need it in Wisconsin)

Just that gas mileage!

Great Truck
By mike

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Great vehicle very little problems even with 113k on the odometer. Plenty of room inside for my family of 6, plus a friend or two. It's great for long trips, very comfortable to drive. Tows the camper or Jeep great.

I enjoy the heated leather seats on cold winter mornings. Sound system is decent for a '99 truck.

Like my 1999 Suburban
By One happy owner

1999 Chevrolet Suburban SUV C1500 LT 4dr SUV

I am the original owner of a 2WD LT with approx 130K miles. It's been a terrific vehicle. We're into middle-age repairs. Water pump, alternator, radiator, AC etc. Next job is new shocks and struts. Biggest complaint is the brake system. I plan on driving mine for at least another 100-150K miles. BTW, I'm averaging 16MPG in virtually all conditions and loads. My wife's new Pacifica is getting about 18MPG around town.

Size, cargo capacity. Best long-distance driver I've ever owned. There's no single attribute that is outstanding. However, the total package is terrific.

Brakes are soft. Stopping power doesn't instill confidence