Used 1998 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

nice

j.c., 05/02/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

the only thing i would suggest would be better brakes

Most reliable vehicle on the planet.

Impressed, 12/18/2008
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle currently has 274,000 miles on it and has been the best vehicle I have ever driven. I have taken it all over the US and parts of Canada. I tow over 5000lbs on a weekly basis. The only things I have had to replace more often than would be common is the brakes. The brakes on this vehicle should have been upsized considerably. The front pads last about 10,000 miles if you are gentle. The water pump was replaced at 120k and again at 240k. No biggie. My Honda has to have it replaced every 60k.

Urban Tank

OffRoading, 06/28/2009
C1500 4dr SUV

I've loved this truck since I bought it. I've been hit 4 times in it, only one required major work and it still runs great and no one was injured. I still get 18 mpg in the city. The transmission tends to go out at 110,000 miles, I know of 4 people that it happened to. Water pump and heater control valve both started to leak around 140,000 miles. Currently have 150,000. The brakes I put on last about 20,000 miles, but the rotor only lasts about 2 or 3 break changes.

The Best SUV EVER!!!!

The Guy, 08/26/2009
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Ever since I can remember my family has bought nothing but fords until me! I bought this Sub when I turned 16 and have never had a problem. My wife now owns a 2004 Sub my brother and my mom both have 1994 subs and my father has a 2002 Tahoe (but wants more room). These truly are the best SUV's ever!

solid vehicle

m sudduth, 07/09/2002
C1500 4dr SUV

good solid ride for a high milage mix of off road and freeway driving, brakes have been soft since new,but it stops. excellent long ranger on trips for six adults and all luggage.

12345...7