Used 1997 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...11

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Very Disappointed

araphel, 08/29/2007
C1500 4dr SUV

I've owned this 97 sub SLT for three years. In that time, I've spent $5000 in repairs and it now needs another $2000. This vehicle has really made me doubt General Motors desire to remain in business. Little things that should be easy to fix end up being expensive. What happened to "built like a rock?"

3.25 out of 5 stars

$$$$uburban

737Captain, 05/01/2002
C1500 4dr SUV

In the last 12 months of ownership: FAILURES: two transmissions, alternator, brakes, ignition, fuel injection, water pump, rear axle bearings, air conditioning. Repair costs: $6800. Mileage now: 74000.

2.5 out of 5 stars

Oh My God!!!

gcd, 06/01/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had everyhting break that you can imagine. Water pump, 3 alternators, exhaust pipe, universal joint, power seat, blower motor, fuel pump, a/c compressor, wiper switch, and a coolant leak on the intake manifold. And of course it all happened after the warranty. JUNK!!!!! Only has 70K miles.

4.88 out of 5 stars

love it

lilcowgirl , 03/17/2010
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

i bought it with about 150,000 miles on it,the 2nd owner had already replace the tranny & maybe one more thing. one of the tires is wearing a little on the outside so i'm having the front end looked at, which isn't going to cost anything to fix.i went from driving something small to driving it & the suburban was a big difference but once i got used to driving it i loved it.in fact every time i get in it,i don't want to stop driving it because i love driving so much. has plenty of room & i can't wait to go fishing. i would recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting a vehicle to drive for the family,its fun to drive,it has lots of room & lots of power. i hope to be driving it for a long time.

4.88 out of 5 stars

our 97 Sub

coxmcse, 07/11/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the Suburban for several reasons. First, it can easily haul my wife and I and our three children and still give us a third row seat as well as cargo room. Second, it is a very safe vehicle. Third, it can haul our family, our camping gear and our pop-up camper with ease. This is the main reason we didn't go with a minivan. Fourth, the powertrain is reliable. The entire truck has been reliable ever since we bought it. We did buy used because, like many vehicles, this truck loses value too quick to warrant paying for a new one. This truck was four years old and in great shape and we picked it up for about 45% of the cost for a new one.

12345...11