Used 1995 Chevrolet Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Suburban for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

OLD FAITHFUL

alfonso ortiz, 10/28/2009
C1500 4dr SUV

Suburbans are great, if i could afford another one i would jump on it. I have driven my truck from Texas to Cali several times. i have done a paper route to over the road driving, to hauling couches on top, and sheetrock inside, all with no major problems. Chevy makes a cheap intake manifold gasket. i finally had to replace. and now my shift solenoid is out. in 2009 great 5.7L power. cowboy conversion package was worth it.

Representive of all? Or an expection?

Dracos, 10/29/2002
K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

After much researching and talking to actual drivers I decided to buy a 1995 Chevy Suburban in 8/00 with 67K on the clock. By 12/00 1K in repairs, between 7/01 and 9/01 8K in repairs including a new engine. I love the utility that it gives the family! My problem is with all the maint/repair costs. I thought that JEEP ment: Just Empty Every Pocket! Not Chevy!

Babe the blue ox

Art Daniels, 07/28/2006
K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My daughter calls it Babe because it is big and blue (like Paul Bunyan's Ox). The Suburban is by far the most roomy of all other vehicles I have owned. We are a family of big people. I have three sons each over six feet tall my daughter is 5'9 and my wife is 5'11" and when we have taken road trips to Oregon and Arizona it has been very nice. It has the large 454 engine and with a few minor adjustments to the exhaust and intake I have managed to squeeze as much as 14 MPG on the highway while pulling a trailer. I know that the new trucks get much better mileage. But I just love this one so much I will most likely keep it as long as the oil reserves do not run out.

is better than expected

danmorea, 01/11/2004
K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

is the 5 chevy truck that i own,very familiar with them,had 88,89,91,94 models but this one is the most easy to drive.Impresive braking,power,road feel

Worst I've ever owned

Large, 01/23/2009
C1500 4dr SUV

Purchased it used with ~80,000 miles in 2002. Felt comfortable doing this as I purchased it from the 1st owner that had all service records (dealer maintained). The engine failed at 92k miles. Replaced it with a new GM crate motor (5.7L). From there, it has been one constant failure after another. It now has $187,000 miles, but has had literally everything under the hood replaced (2 a/c compressors)as well as a transimission overhaul last month. I lost my shirt on this vehicle and am forced to keep it given what I've had to invest. I'll donate it later this year to a charity as I can't sell this vehicle to anyone in good faith.

12345...6