Used 1995 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Sold on Suburbans
By Sam

1995 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love my Suburban. It has been very solid, with no real issues for over 7 years. Therer have been the expected battery, alternator replacements, that wear out over the years. I've got 230k miles and it's still great for hauling my crew around, and I trust it over long hauls still.

Power, space

More cupholders

Babe the blue ox
By Art Daniels

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

My daughter calls it Babe because it is big and blue (like Paul Bunyan's Ox). The Suburban is by far the most roomy of all other vehicles I have owned. We are a family of big people. I have three sons each over six feet tall my daughter is 5'9 and my wife is 5'11" and when we have taken road trips to Oregon and Arizona it has been very nice. It has the large 454 engine and with a few minor adjustments to the exhaust and intake I have managed to squeeze as much as 14 MPG on the highway while pulling a trailer. I know that the new trucks get much better mileage. But I just love this one so much I will most likely keep it as long as the oil reserves do not run out.

Rear A/C, inside spare tire storage. I like the stock stereo system that automatically raises and lowers the volume as the speed noise increases or decreases. I also like the towing capacity of this unit.Feels like I could tow my house if need be.

Only fuel economy, but not at the sacrifice of power.

The Everything Vehicle
By zug zug

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought it because extended family takes long road trips together and we were in the middle of a home remodel. It held 8 people, a dog and a weeks worth of stuff comfortably from Central CA to Arizona; all with one tank of gas. Removing the rear seat and folding down the second row gave us space to haul everything we needed during the remodel, including protecting 8' sections of wood moulding in the rain. There is no substitute for this SUV in this price range.

Space, towing capability, huge gas tank, comfort

None

1995 K1500 Chevy Suburban XL
By Tom T

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 4dr SUV 4WD

I will buy from a GM dealer next time versus private party. The money I saved from buying from an individual versus the dealer was what I had to pay for repairs/maintence. This full size SUV provides the cargo and passenger space while providing towing capability. The space and towing beats the Fords.

Large, roomy, fun to own and drive.

I recommend Chevy put the Caddy Northstar engine in this full size SUV.

95 Suburban
By OC1Dave

1995 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

This vehicle has been truly outstanding. It does anything I ask of it, tow, travel, off road, commute, and does it in comfort, style and gets 20+ mph on trips. Repairs have been minimal, it burns no oil at 160,000 and I will replace it with another.

4WD Leather Front/rear air/heat V8 grunt

New models have better brakes