Used 1993 Chevrolet Suburban Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1993 Chevrolet Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Clear
By mycarrocks

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought our Suburban new in 1993. We still love it dearly. It is an awesome car, the bad thing is it gets 12mpg city.

Style, radio strength

Back up light design goes out. Paint chips

I love my 'Burban!
By shaun

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Awesome truck! Best vehicle that i have ever owned. Purchased in '04 with about 225K. 265K miles and still going strong. Have had cooling issues though...radiator, heater core, etc. This truck is a tank and i love it. The only thing I would trade it for is a newer one. With K&N filter and flowmaster exhaust, i get 20mpg on the highway! Thats a Chevrolet for you!

Exterior styling, lots of room under the hood to do regular maintenance, reliability

Power steering is a little weak, 5.7 litre is starting to show its age in 2007.

From Mini Van Hell to Suburban Heaven
By irishdaddyo

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

The Voyager died with 2 payments left on it. We needed a bus to cart around our 5 children. The trendy friends were aghast. Everyone said we had lost our marbles. This is the greatest vehicle! Inside is bigger than a studio apartment and kids can't touch each other. There's tons of room for bikes, groceries, tools, lumber, you name it. It chews up the highway, gets better mileage than my new Ram 1500 V6. Goes anywhere! 4x4 so I'll never have to worry about the "S" word again! It's heavy and safe. It's so comfortable, we nicknamed it the "Big Comfy Couch". Its bright red paint gets us confused for a fire vehicle! The best $2800 I've ever spent. Let the Yuppies sneer, we'll eat their Rendevous!

4 wheel drive, factory towing package. 3 rows of seating that can legally carry 9 (probably 12-15). A solid 350! Great comfort, You can see for miles! Roof racks, running boards (great for the kids and Grandma getting in and out!) Power! It can pull anything, even a dead Plymouth to the junkyard!

Tape player! (Agggh were did I put my 80's collection!) A/C pump, and little pin pricks of rust starting around the fender wells. Tire in the cargo area.

Ford Man No More
By Carlo DeVito Jr

1993 Chevrolet Suburban K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always had Ford Bronco's but this truck is great. I have 4 kids and there is a ton of room. Snow, what snow? The truck is great. Tow anything and don't even feel it.

It handles great for a big truck. The stereo sounds great. Very easy to check under the hood. The heat is great.

The A/C can be better. It takes about 10 minutes to cool the truck since it's long.

Favorite Hand-Me-Down
By luke

1993 Chevrolet Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Got my license and wasn't looking forward to driving "the beast". After about 3 weeks, it grew on me. It's been the greatest truck ever! Gas stinks, but its got a 42 gal tank, fill it on Sunday, drive for miles.Took it mudding (2WD) and it did just fine. A slight pain in the snow, but once you get used to it, sandbags aren't even needed. Performance is solid, but I could use 15-20 more horses and lb-ft each. Having front and mid bench is awesome, and having the back open is even better. Rides great on long trips so well I've gone to pick up friends 150 miles away at school just to drive it long distance. Overall I'd glad I was given it, and have no plans to get rid of it anytime soon, even with 160k on it!

The room is the biggest thing. The bullet-proof 350 small-block V-8 from Chevy, legendary and still solid at 160k. The ride over long distances. Feeling safe in a big truck. Surprising fun factor.

Little more power, other than that, flawless.