Used 2005 Chevrolet SSR Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet SSR

LS 6.0L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (34 reviews )

My Dream Truck!
By Fred Austin

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I own a '05 Chevy SSR and it's been just perfect. I live in Salt Lake City and some members of my family are English teachers in the Mexican city of Guadalajara and I decided to visit them last September in that city. So me and one of my daughters went down there in the SSR. It behaved just excellent, as I expected, even though gas mileage was the worst part (what can I expect from a sports truck) of the trip, everything else was awesome. The truck handles very well on the Mexican roads and curves, it does everything well and also you can have some heads turning to see the truck passing by. I've had such a beautiful experience. I’m in love with my SSR!

Exterior design, hard top, pick-up truck convertible. I love the huge trunk for such small cabin.

More leg room (I’m 6'3) and more space on both sides of both seats as well.

Great Sportster
By Dennis

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I got mine in silver with all options. Has been simply great--the towing is great for a tandem waverunner combo. Wish it were quicker off the line. The weight plays a part--more power always a plus. Can't see what else would give me as much fun towing two waverunners down a two-lane road on the way to a lake!

The retractable hardtop. Have demo'd it at least a dozen times for gawkers.

Quicker off the line.

Dream car
By steve

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My wife spotted this at the dealership and told me that was out next car. Of course, I didn't want her to think I really wanted it but too late she was in love. The SSR drives and rides like a dream. The first very cold morning the driver side window was frozen abd I could not open the door. I had to go to passenger side and crawl accoss not to easy for a 6ft 240 lb guy. I have since placed some silicon lubricant in the rubber door seal, keep your fingers crossed. Would not change it for the world right now!!

Power and good looks.

More leg room, real cupholders

SSR 6 speed
By F Mitchell

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Drives and looks great. The six speed is fun to drive and has plenty of power in all six gears. It gets lots of looks everywhere I go.

Driving with the top down is a blast.

The glove box is a bit on the cheap side.

Life in the Rod lane
By Willy D

2005 Chevrolet SSR 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We have had many performance vehicles, and none received the attention like the SSR. I first saw them at the 50th birthday party for Corvette in Nashville. As my high school vehicle was a '51 chev. pickup, I was impressed with the design. Now that we have a SSR we are not disappointed. I describe it as a Corvette that you can use everyday. With the cockpit feel of the Corvette, chopped top and wide body it's got the Look. The LS2 is a sweet engine. The power and handling is amazing for such a heavy vehicle.(it's about 1400lbs more than the C5)Cost seems to be the main concern, but a street rod is not for everyone. No way could you build one with this much content and reliability FOR 45K

Engine and exhaust sounds. Easy to operate top, and the WOW factor.

Ghost flames, standard cool sunglasses and RC8 delivery like we did on our 50th anniv. Corvette