Used 2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab

LS 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic 4.1 ft. Bed - (60 reviews )

Pumped
By kcwlaf

2004 Chevrolet SSR Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab Convertible LS Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 in Dec 07. I have always wanted one but couldn't justify the price. Well the price was right and I got my new toy. It is my company vehicle and my daily driver. Makes me feel like a young man again. Top down is incredible and a great attention getter (nearly causes many fender benders) I had a vinyl wrap put on with my company logo and I tell you it is the cheapest and greatest advertising you can get. We put woodgrain accents above the fenders and on the gate. This baby looks like a true 40's roadster. I've owned over thirty vehicles in my life but this one has got to stay. My future grandchildren will have the opportunity to drive this one. Thanks GM!

Retractible top and incredible throttle sound

More room for seat controls, eliminate cavitating, offer more wheel tire combinations

Sturdy vehicle with performance.
By Lotis 61

I've owned 5 Camaros in the past and this is the only vehicle I've ever test driven and now owed that came anywhere close to the performance I was looking for. I test drove a lot of trucks and cars and the SSR was the only one that I liked that had the sound and motion to go with it. It's very comfortable and not too low to the ground like my Iroc. Great handling and love the little extras that came with it. Handling and speed are my most concerns. The convertible top is awesome on summer nights and days. It has been a very reliable.

Power, handling, comfort, heated leather seets, easy knob controls, great head lights/ fog and has the best braking system I've ever seen in any vehicle. Handles the road really nice! The convertible is really nice on warmer days and nights and it easy to use.

Back up mirror?

Shell's SSR 2004
By Shell'sSSR

I purchased my 04 SSR on 7/30/04 brand new. I used to watch the commercial on TV where the yellow SSR would turn around and be the last vehicle to get on the new car carrier. My hairs would stand straight up on my arms! I never in my wildest dreams that I would ever own one. Well I do! And I am so glad to be a owner of an SSR. After almost 4 yrs. of having my SSR, it is like the day I bought it. I also own a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am Ram Air and 2007 Chevy Avalanche. I personally would never buy a foreign vehicle in my life. All I can say is the people who have bad things to say about the SSR are; jealous because they want one, can't get one, don,t have one! I love my SSR and the experience

Retractable top, yellow, design of the outside, big tires, chrome wheels, heated seats (you can go topless longer). I like everything about my baby.

More storage inside(maybe lift bottom of seat for storage),have parts available for the SSR(always have to wait,if they ever come in) Goodyear to make the factory tires when they need to be replaced,03/04 Factory exhaust tips made available

My 2004 SSR
By hueyhusser

Great style. Great pick/up,I get 19mpg in town and 26 on hwy. Love truck and conv. style of driving machine. Have not had any problems what so ever.

Love the way the top works and sound of radio and cd's. Love the drive of it.

Drink holders need to be stronger.

No Spare
By Nanuke

I’ll just start by saying…I love my vehicle, and plan on having it till the day I die. It handles very well in the turns, but because of U.S. law, it has a governor to limit your top speed… bummer, but it will still get up and go. I have the 5.3 V8, and love the sound it makes when you romp on it. I also love the fact that it looks like nothing else on the road, and that people still stop and stare when I drive by…priceless.

Top down, warm sunny day, and a road with lots of turns.

Spare tire…or maybe run flats…you do not want to get a flat in this truck… especially if the tire shreds…like mine did. The patch kit behind your seat is worthless if your tire comes apart…GM puts run flats on the Vet., but not the SSR…why not?