Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Spark

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

DO NOT BUY...GM doesn't stand behind this car
By Joyce

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

The motor goes out at 50,000 miles... engine misfires...dropped cylinders...magically the dealership mechanic cannot find anything wrong (but I know my car...) the only good thing I can say is that it gets good gas milage. The quality of the seats are terrible...this is a terrible car. Not dependable. Should have just bit the bullet and got a Cruze. But now I don't think I will ever buy another GM product as General Motors does not stand behind their product. I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road with my child. I need something reliable. I would rather fill a gas tank up every 2 to 3 days and be in a reliable vehicle than only fill up once a week and he broken down.

Puttin' Along
By LoriKM

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

UPDATE Have about 48000 miles on it now. Not using it as much, just for getting around town now. Planning on going cross country with it in a few weeks. Will check back in and let you know how it did! STILL enjoy scootin' around in it!
Bought new with about 400 miles on engine. Mine is the base, manual, get me where I want/need to go model. No, pick up isn't very good, and it does have that nasty blind spot, BUT it IS reliable (recalls were for MINOR items on mine) and I get an OVERALL 42 mpg (I drive highway, city AND mountain areas). It handles curves like a BOSS and the instrumentation is VERY convenient. My mechanic stated that it'd be EASY to fix any engine problem as it's laid out well, and the parts won't be expensive to replace should I have need to. This was another pro. The space inside for a 5'2" to 5'8" under 200lb person will be SPACIOUS. If you're over that height and weight, it may not be AS comfortable for you as a driver.
I found it amusing that my model doesn't have power door locks, BUT has power windows, auxillary plug for mp3's and such (discovered by daughter) and lock for the trunk!
The ONLY things I'd get different on this car is add cruise control as I do a LOT of hwy driving and get the color Techno Pink as I have the Lemonade color and it's fine, just prefer the other color more.
Oh, and as for the a/c, no, it doesn't cool off THAT well in EXTREME heat, but for what I do and where I go, I can get by with it.

good mpg but that is about it
By shinobi75

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

the spark is an ok car if your just looking for something cheap that will get you from point a to b. chevy should of put in a turbocharger because it does not have much power, the a/c doesnt very well on a very hot day, and it has no cd player just a radio and usb. it has had a few recalls and the value of this car has gone down alot, paid around 16k and now its worth about half of that trade in.

the only thing i like is this car gets around 39 mpg.

chevy should offer a add on turbo the car only has like 84 horsepower that is slow especially when you have 4 people in the car.

I love my Spark!
By steveinsac

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 Chevy Spark in the summer of 2012. And from day 1 I have been in love with it! It's so much fun to drive! And parking it is awesome! I can park where most average size cars can't. I have over 32,000 miles on it. My only minor complaint is that it doesn't have the pick up and go. So, merging into traffic can sometimes be an adventure. But, everything else, the sweet stereo system, the a/c, the entire interior, the truck space....all are perfect.

How fun it is to drive. Great gas mileage, even when driving over mountains. It's small so the a/c cools it down really quickly. Love the high tech computer touch screen.

Great Styling, but that's it.
By treehugger42

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this car December 2012 because my 1997 SUV was a gas guzzling beast. While I love the much improved gas mileage, I often miss my SUV and regret my purchase. I think the mpg could be better though. I drive on the highway 6 days a week and average 31 mpg. The styling is awesome. Mine is bright green, and I love how the color is incorporated inside as well.No CD player though, which sucks. I live in NW PA, and we get a lot of snow. If the road is not plowed, I slide all over. If its more than a couple inches, I am stuck. I can't get up hills, it shakes violently over 70mph, i hit my head and im only 5'9",had 4 recalls so far,and has lost $7,000 in value already. Want to trade in!

Color, styling, steering wheel radio controls

acceleration, A/C, put in a CD player, head room, height off the ground, better quality materials