Used 2013 Chevrolet Spark Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2013 Chevrolet Spark

View reviews for a specific Spark model:

dont but this car, good gift for a young driver
By chris

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

very small gas tank, not a lot of room behind a tall driver, hard to drive when windy out, poor acceleration but once up to speed goes good, going up hills is tough on the car, had to have a new engine at 21000 miles on it, but very easy to drive in citiy type settings, easy to park, definetly made for city driving avoid the freeway if possible, i usually take the backroads when i can, oh yeah no trunk space and if you want to fold the back seats down you better be a short person cause if you are not you wont be able to put the seat down behind the driverseat, wish i thought about it before i bought it, stay clear of this car if possible

DO NOT BUY...GM doesn't stand behind this car
By Joyce

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

The motor goes out at 50,000 miles... engine misfires...dropped cylinders...magically the dealership mechanic cannot find anything wrong (but I know my car...) the only good thing I can say is that it gets good gas milage. The quality of the seats are terrible...this is a terrible car. Not dependable. Should have just bit the bullet and got a Cruze. But now I don't think I will ever buy another GM product as General Motors does not stand behind their product. I don't want to be stranded on the side of the road with my child. I need something reliable. I would rather fill a gas tank up every 2 to 3 days and be in a reliable vehicle than only fill up once a week and he broken down.

STILL Puttin' Along
By LoriKM

2013 Chevrolet Spark LS 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

UPDATE: NOW have about 55000 miles on it. Not using it as much, just for getting around town and FEW road trips. STILL enjoy scootin' around in it!
Bought new with about 400 miles on engine. Mine is the base, manual, get me where I want/need to go model. No, pick up isn't very good, and it does have that nasty blind spot, BUT it IS reliable (recalls were for MINOR items on mine) and I get an OVERALL 41.6 mpg (I drive highway, city AND mountain areas). It handles curves like a BOSS and the instrumentation is VERY convenient. My mechanic stated that it'd be EASY to fix any engine problem as it's laid out well, and the parts won't be expensive to replace should I have need to. This was another pro. The space inside for a 5'2" to 5'8" under 200lb person will be SPACIOUS. If you're over that height and weight, it may not be AS comfortable for you as a driver.
I found it amusing that my model doesn't have power door locks, BUT has power windows, auxillary plug for mp3's and such (discovered by daughter) and lock for the trunk!
The ONLY things I'd get different on this car is add cruise control as I do like it for hwy driving and get the color Techno Pink as I have the Lemonade color and it's fine, just prefer the other color more.
Oh, and as for the a/c, no, it doesn't cool off THAT well in EXTREME heat, but for what I do and where I go, I can get by with it.
Do NOT expect to make it up STEEP hills QUICKLY!
Tires STILL have some life left. Wish I had a sunroof though. Was looking at selling it, but TOO many EMOTIONAL ties to it, so, for now I'm stuck with it, but I don't mind!

great inexpensive small car
By shinobi75

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

bought this 2013 spark at the chevy dealer in redding CA, loved it when i first got it but then got tired of it.
its small, not very much power, the AC doesnt work well on a very hot day, it does not have a CD player which
i don't like, just usb fm am xm radio. if your gonna buy a chevy, spend the extra money and get a cruze, sonic,
or equinox they are much nicer.

I love my Spark!
By steveinsac

2013 Chevrolet Spark 1LT 4dr Hatchback (1.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my 2013 Chevy Spark in the summer of 2012. And from day 1 I have been in love with it! It's so much fun to drive! And parking it is awesome! I can park where most average size cars can't. I have over 32,000 miles on it. My only minor complaint is that it doesn't have the pick up and go. So, merging into traffic can sometimes be an adventure. But, everything else, the sweet stereo system, the a/c, the entire interior, the truck space....all are perfect.

Update: 7/24/2017. I've now owned my little Spark for 5 years. I'm still in love with it! Although I am a little bummed out to find out there was no spare tire. When I went looking for a new car I had no idea to see if it came with a spare. Dumb on my part. Car now has over 70,000 miles on it and is going just as strong now as it was the day I bought it. It's especially good for mountain driving. That little baby has got some power there!