There's no shortage of cars to choose from if you need something small and cost-effective. The 2017 Chevrolet Sonic stands out for its comparatively roomy interior, many standard features and available hatchback body style. It's even fun to drive, especially if you opt for the turbocharged engine.
- Optional turbocharged engine is powerful and gets respectable fuel economy
- Cabin is relatively spacious for this class
- Generous number of standard and available features
- Excellent crash test safety scores
- Ride quality is better than most competitors
- Fun to drive.
- Base engine's lackluster fuel economy
- Cabin materials look and feel low-rent.