2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ: 10,000 Miles
August 06, 2012
Our 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ now has nearly 8 months of long-term service under its belt. It is short of the mileage accumulation goal we set for test cars, so we have some ground to make up. Still, we've been through a fair amount with the Chevy to date.
A quick summary of the notable items:
(1) The shifter boot fell off, then snapped right back into place.
(2) Its first service set us back $45.
(3) There was a missing brake recall issued. Thankfully it did not apply to our car.
(4) We got a flat tire, and then a new tire for $178.
(5) We tried numerous remedies for a smelly cabin. None of them worked. GM offered to replace the seats altogether as a solution. The seats just arrived. We'll have them installed this week.
We're at the halfway point. Only 10,000 miles to go.
Mike Schmidt, Vehicle Testing Manager @ 10,019 miles