Skip to main content

List Price Range

Used Silverado 2500HD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Upgraded to a 2500hd High Country from a Z71 LTZ!

kojak, 05/27/2019
updated 06/03/2020
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I switched from Ford to Chevy almost 5 years ago and have been very happy with my 2016 Silverado 1500 Z71 with the 6.0L engine. I wanted more towing ability and upgraded to a 2019 2500HD with the turbo diesel in the high country trim. Im taking it for a cross country trip in 2 weeks and will post my experience when back home. So far, very pleased. Its definitely a much bigger, heavier truck than the 1500 and requires a bit more awareness in navigating tight spaces (highway construction, congested parking spots etc). The high country trim is very upscale and everything works like my 2016 so its an easy transition for controls, electronics etc. The diesel has a lot of grunt and the heavy truck can move pretty quick. The quality is good, ride is relatively quiet for a diesel and have not experienced any mechanical issues so far. Update: We've got about 9000 miles on the truck by now. 6000 was in one trip towing an enclosed v-nose trailer from VA to CO to AZ to NM to UT and back to VA. We've also taken couple to trips to the Smoky Mountains and up north to Mass. Extremely pleased with the truck, mileage is exceptional for a big rig, power is outstanding and the high country trim inside is very nice. I liked the interior controls of my last Silverado and so it was a very easy transition since they are very similar. As a 1st time diesel truck owner, I was amazed at the easy availability go diesel fuel all over the country, rare to find a gas station near a highway that didn't sell it. Seem to go through a 2.5 gal container of DEF every 2k miles or so. I've seen the new trucks from Ford, Dodge and even the new 2020 Silverado. I still think my truck is one of the best looking trucks out there but I could be prejudiced, lol! Finally, the 6 speed transmission works fine for me, no issues towing or otherwise. The exhaust brake was a great help coming down those steep Rocky Mountain descents towing 2 baggers.

Also Consider
5 Offers Near Ashburn, VA
Check out current offers on the GMC SIERRA 1500 LIMITED
View Offers
GMC.com
*The Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment. See your GMC dealer for details.

Best like always

GIXXERRANGER, 04/10/2019
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD High Country 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

To the review complaining about traction control bs you need to learn how to google and read this can be turned off by hitting the traction control two times and holding the button down the second time until the system turns off it’s a few seconds. I didn’t care to read the rest of your review if you were a true loyal Chevy owner you wouldn’t give up so easy on something you could find out in under 5 minutes of research. Chevy makes the best trucks that are reliable and have high resale after 5 years even though you won’t want to sale or trade it in.

1 out of 5 stars

Silverado Seat causing pain!

J Knight, 12/17/2019
updated 12/18/2020
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Update. The best thing I ever did with this Silverado was trade it in. If your truck is causing you pain don’t keep it. I have talked to so many Chevy owners who say the 215-2019 seats have caused them a lot of leg and back pain. I love my 2019 2500HD LT with leather, but the seat KILLS my hips/butt, and legs. The seat does not adjust fully like the older 2012 models did so your butt sits about 3-4 inches lower like you are doing a below parallel squat. This causes pain in my hip and then a pain in my knee. Eventually my left foot would go numb. I opened a case with GM and they were not able to do anything and the dealer was no help.

1 out of 5 stars

NO TRUCK and NO attempt to fix it.

Mia, 08/31/2021
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2019 2500 duramax with 40,000 miles fuel system needs completely replaced after buying it 2 months ago. It was a Chevy fleet vehicle so was maintained by Chevy. Well, here I am with it in the dealership for 6 weeks with only the answer “I don’t know when it will be done”. I have contacted Chevy. They would not fix it under warranty and cannot help with getting it fixed. Chevy seems to only care about their vehicles until it leaves the lot. Thank god I bought the extended warranty or I would have been stuck with a large bill and STILL NO TRUCK. I have no other vehicle and Chevy is making no attempt to remedy the situation. I suggest you only buy a truck from Chevy if you want free storage for your vehicle. They will let you keep it in their garage for months.

5 out of 5 stars

Love the Truck, HATE the Center Console!

Mike G, 08/29/2019
2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great truck, I bought the "Custom" Trim level. The center console on this trim level does not open, has no rear cup holders, or usb ports. With this console, you have no place to store anything and no rear cupholders, zero. To replace the console is over $1000. GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK CHEVY!!!