Used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Duramax fan
By Duramax Fan

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is the second Diesel GM pickup I own. I use it as my everyday vehicle but I specifically bought it for long range driving trips and towing a camper. For long range trips and towing, you cannot beat the Duramax/Allison transmission combination. I had my last truck for over 10 years and 165000 miles and it still ran and looked great. I am hoping to get the same out of this one.

side mirrors are awful
By FC

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Update: I posted this review a year ago, and continue to stand by my position. I purchased new bigger mirrors and had them installed.

The mirror has the bottom quarter, closer to the door, cut off, to look cute and edgy. It is a faulty design, and they need to stop making mirrors like this for trucks. It makes it horrible to back the truck to park as I can't see the hind wheels nor the parking line. I have to open my window, after I park, to see where the tires are in relation to the lines. And when driving, I can't see the hind wheels EVER. The engineer that designed this, and whoever approved it, need to stop. Trucks need bigger mirrors, not smaller! Who would think that making a large truck's mirrors smaller (as opposed to the whole rectangle) was a good idea? I contacted Chevrolet, and they asked if I had been using the camera to help me back up. My response was yes, but the camera doesn't give me a view of the tires/wheels either. Looking into buying a new pair of mirrors.

The truck rides hard, not very comfortable. But that’s somewhat expected for a vehicle that should be strong for towing.

Electronic issues
By LarryC

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought this truck in 2016. A few months later the radio would not turn on at all when I cranked the vehicle up. Stopped at a dealership to have it checked out. When they cranked it up again, it went back to working. This has happened multiple times over the past few months and has progressively gotten worse. Now not only is the radio not coming on sometimes, the fuel gauge will mess up and the check engine light will come on. I have taken it to have it fixed under the warranty and called Chevy's customer care line and have gotten nothing done. The dealership says they can't find anything wrong with it, that nothing is showing on the computer, but you put a reader on it or take it AutoZone and have their reader on it and multiple codes show up. This seems to be a definite electric issue and no one wants to fix it. They are all satisfied to wait on the warranty to run out then find out what is wrong with it and charge me. I have also noticed that the transmission is starting to stumble a bit. I bought the truck with a lift kit already installed and less than a year later the ball joints need replacing but the dealership can not or will not order the right ball joints to replace them.

The trucks been back to the dealership for times,
By Russ

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It has a grinding noise in the front end. I've called Jim four times they don't want to help me finish the deal or four times all I want is somebody to fix it and I can't seem to get GM to fix it they tell me to roll my window up and turn the radio up

GIVE ME A LADDER AND RAISE THE DRIVER OPENING
By THOMAS SANQUINI

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is my 5th Silverado in 20 years. I have arthritis especially in my neck it is increasingly difficult for me to get into the drivers seat because the door opening is tight for me. My wife on the other hand is only 5'4" so she has to climb into the passenger seat.She is getting the hang of using the double step nerf bar we added . This 2016 is about 5 inches higher off the ground than my 2008 was. On the other hand the handling and fuel efficiency blows the 2008 away. So the trade off was worth the inconvenience of climbing in and out of the cab.