Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Proud Owner Of A 2500HD Silverado LTZ
By DMan

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this truck sense October 2008. Service has been performed as recommended. I have not had any major problems with this truck what so ever. Minor problems I have had are the belt noise due to the power steering pulley misalignment and the rear tire wear due to factory door sticker calling for 70psi for the rear tires. Dealer took care of all and installed two new tires on my truck. Dropped rear tire pressure to 60psi. No more wear, Love the 6.6 Duramax with the Allison. What a combination. Tons of torque, great performance for a diesel, and quite. Average fuel mileage 18.5 back and forth to work and 22.4 on my last road trip.(12/09).

Duramax & Allision, ride, comfort, handling, bose sound system, driver controls lay out, LTZ features.

Get rid of the tractor trailer chrome front bumper and the huge exhaust tip. Add Auto Selection For the 4X4 unit.

Top of the Hill
By Heavy Horse Hauler

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Finally purchased the best BigBoy toy available. The Duramax 2500 LTZ is the best of both work and play. Makes light work of pulling my horses. The leather loaded Escalade like interior makes an A+ ride.

Power!

None.

There's nothing better for me.
By McLovin It!

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 2003 Chevy 1500 Z71 package. I'm towing a lot more now and I needed something with a little more umph. This truck has it. I thought about the diesel for this truck but I opted for the 6.0 because you never know when the prices are going to sky rocket again.

I love the fact that the trailer brake box is built into the dash. So, no ugly box hanging down to knock your knee on. The second fact is the six speed automatic. I like you can put it into manual mode to shift it like a manual for the steep hills.

A factory dualed off cat-back system with an air intake system to up the ponies a little more.

Best Diesel on the Market
By Brandon

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have had my Silverado for over a year now with no problems to report. The Duramax/Allison is an absolutely amazing combination, leaves the competition in the dust. My only complaint was the small wheels and tires from the factory. Overall, an excellent built truck period.

Duramax Diesel/Allison 6-Speed Automatic Tranny.

At least an 18" wheel/tire combo or even better a 20" option like the 1/2 ton versions.

What a piece of junk
By nick barta

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The interior started rattling after 2500 miles. The chrome on the grill peeled after one winter in Montana. The new exhaust system is a joke. I had this truck in the dealership eight times in the first six months of which two required towing it there. The tranny fails to shift out of 5th gear after busting through heavy snow drifts. Off road traction is terrible this truck won't drive through 3 inches of snow without putting it in 4wd. Fuel economy is decent when it's empty. It gets 14 to 18mpg at 75mph. A light 16ft interstate cargo trailer will bring that down to about 9mpg. My truck is for sale and you couldn't give me another one

love the power! Integrated trailer brakes- why was this not done years ago?

Build a truck! this is a 4wd luxury car with an 8ft bed not a truck. I actually call it my car now it's not worthy of being called a truck.