Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Best GM Product to Date
By rseebo

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I was skeptical in getting another GM product as the prior 3 were trash.
I had an 05 2500 Diesel that would do nothing but overheat while pulling my toyhauler and the dealer said there were no issues.
I pulled this same trailer from Cali to Ga. loaded down with 13k + lbs and the only thing that was bad about it was my tires wore down after 20k miles.
This truck pulls like a dream and has no mechanical issues at all!!!
18 - 19 mpg on hwy and 11 mpg while towing with 1 size up on stock tires, could be a little better.
If I had to have a complaint it would be that you can't put an 18" wheel with a 285 tire under the front end without shaving the wheel wells.

towing, torque and nothing but power to spare.

Extend the front wheel well a couple of inches.

Junk bed
By straight working

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I've owned my duramax 2500 since sept. 2008, I use it for work which it has a 110 gallon fuel tank and a weather guard saddle tool box. In one year of use the bed is pushing out and cracking along the sides at the end of the tool box. I've own two Dodge 2500's and never had the problem, dealer states the problem as having to much weight. I think Chevy needs to build a better bed for the 2500's for guys who use their trucks for work. Also took the truck in three times to have interior tighten up do to rattles. Otherwise truck is not bad for pulling trailers and cruising around, don't put anything on bed rails!!!

Smooth ride, Duramax & Allison, driver controls.

Stronger bed, less rattles in the interior.

Bad Mistake
By Ross

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 2500hd 6.0 L used with 4k miles. It seemed really nice. Was told another dealership owned and went out of business. This pickup is a pile of CRAP, nice interior and exterior, but I buy vehicles for them to work. Horrible fuel mileage 12 max no matter what you are doing! Everything rattles, ride is so rough and loud. My 02 1500 5.3 L had more power and got same mpg pulling as 08 2500hd but way less empty. Not impressed with dealer either, can't even get in to get worked on. What a joke. I am going to buy back my 02 with 100k, 10 times the truck.

Interior design

power, mileage, ride, narrow tires look dumb

SOLD IT AFTER A YEAR. NOT WORTH THE $$$$
By Towing 4 a living

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Was not happy with the following; the interior started rattling, air draft on driver side door which the dealer couldn't fix, terrible fuel economy, recall and RANCHO MTRS. in Victorville has poor customer service. So does the Chevy Hotline. I sold mine. Still got my 5.9 Dodge Ram 2500. DON'T BUY THE NEW CHEVY.

Proud Owner Of A 2500HD Silverado LTZ
By DMan

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this truck sense October 2008. Service has been performed as recommended. I have not had any major problems with this truck what so ever. Minor problems I have had are the belt noise due to the power steering pulley misalignment and the rear tire wear due to factory door sticker calling for 70psi for the rear tires. Dealer took care of all and installed two new tires on my truck. Dropped rear tire pressure to 60psi. No more wear, Love the 6.6 Duramax with the Allison. What a combination. Tons of torque, great performance for a diesel, and quite. Average fuel mileage 18.5 back and forth to work and 22.4 on my last road trip.(12/09).

Duramax & Allision, ride, comfort, handling, bose sound system, driver controls lay out, LTZ features.

Get rid of the tractor trailer chrome front bumper and the huge exhaust tip. Add Auto Selection For the 4X4 unit.