Used 2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

Bad Mistake
By Ross

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my 08 2500hd 6.0 L used with 4k miles. It seemed really nice. Was told another dealership owned and went out of business. This pickup is a pile of CRAP, nice interior and exterior, but I buy vehicles for them to work. Horrible fuel mileage 12 max no matter what you are doing! Everything rattles, ride is so rough and loud. My 02 1500 5.3 L had more power and got same mpg pulling as 08 2500hd but way less empty. Not impressed with dealer either, can't even get in to get worked on. What a joke. I am going to buy back my 02 with 100k, 10 times the truck.

Interior design

power, mileage, ride, narrow tires look dumb

SOLD IT AFTER A YEAR. NOT WORTH THE $$$$
By Towing 4 a living

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT2 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Was not happy with the following; the interior started rattling, air draft on driver side door which the dealer couldn't fix, terrible fuel economy, recall and RANCHO MTRS. in Victorville has poor customer service. So does the Chevy Hotline. I sold mine. Still got my 5.9 Dodge Ram 2500. DON'T BUY THE NEW CHEVY.

Proud Owner Of A 2500HD Silverado LTZ
By DMan

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I have owned this truck sense October 2008. Service has been performed as recommended. I have not had any major problems with this truck what so ever. Minor problems I have had are the belt noise due to the power steering pulley misalignment and the rear tire wear due to factory door sticker calling for 70psi for the rear tires. Dealer took care of all and installed two new tires on my truck. Dropped rear tire pressure to 60psi. No more wear, Love the 6.6 Duramax with the Allison. What a combination. Tons of torque, great performance for a diesel, and quite. Average fuel mileage 18.5 back and forth to work and 22.4 on my last road trip.(12/09).

Duramax & Allision, ride, comfort, handling, bose sound system, driver controls lay out, LTZ features.

Get rid of the tractor trailer chrome front bumper and the huge exhaust tip. Add Auto Selection For the 4X4 unit.

Top of the Hill
By Heavy Horse Hauler

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Finally purchased the best BigBoy toy available. The Duramax 2500 LTZ is the best of both work and play. Makes light work of pulling my horses. The leather loaded Escalade like interior makes an A+ ride.

Power!

None.

There's nothing better for me.
By McLovin It!

2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab LT1 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 2003 Chevy 1500 Z71 package. I'm towing a lot more now and I needed something with a little more umph. This truck has it. I thought about the diesel for this truck but I opted for the 6.0 because you never know when the prices are going to sky rocket again.

I love the fact that the trailer brake box is built into the dash. So, no ugly box hanging down to knock your knee on. The second fact is the six speed automatic. I like you can put it into manual mode to shift it like a manual for the steep hills.

A factory dualed off cat-back system with an air intake system to up the ponies a little more.