Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 74 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500HD model:

2004 chevy 2500 HD
By clay

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I've owned this truck for almost one year and I am thoughly impressed with it. The only complaints I have beside the poor mileage 6.0 L. motor is that the sheet metal is way too thin. This is supposed to a heavy duty truck! They're great trucks to drive or pull with, but for working out of with guys loading tools in the back and especially over the sides they are too easily dented. The only mechanical issues I've encountered is a irritating wind noise on the passenger side at the windshield and an annoying rattle inside the steering column. I drive off road daily on construction sites and the rattle developed quickly. This the second HD I've had with this problem. But overall a great truck.

Work friendly interior,lots of power,comfortable seating,easy back seat access.

More options in gearing in the rear end 3.73 or 3.55 ratio's. 4.10's are GREAT for pulling but not for everyday highway driving from job to job. Also need improved weather stripping on the back doors and find the cause of that annoying steering column rattle.Seats set a little low also.

Tough, reliable, sharp
By Whoolio

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Will pull a house off its foundation and drives beautifully. MPG is what you'd expect from a heavy truck, but don't drive like a fool and it improves. Travels very well, even through mountain areas.

Absolutely dependable performance with great looks.

Overall Good Work Truck
By Tim Mahoney

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab Work Truck 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

I have owned the Chevy 2500hd for about six months and I have not had any problems with this truck whatsoever. I think the towing power of this truck is second to none and have no problems pulling a trailer loaded with 400gal of water and barrels loaded with soaping solutions for my business. I also have an industrial grade power washing unit bolted down in my trailer with weight totlaing about 3 tons when loaded for jobs. This truck pulls the trailer like its not even there. I also plow accounts with the truck and have no problem doing this either, even when the snow is a foot high or better. Overall I have had good luck with this truck and never thought that I would own CHEVY not Ford..

King size Cadillac
By Ryan

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was almost convinced to buy into the 4 door Tundra until I opted to go with bow tie muscle. This is my first Silverado and I will never drive another brand again. Im stuck with GM for life now. This truck has it all. More power than the others and a lot of nice ammenities come with the LT package. Still working up the miles on her. No problems at all. All I receive is compliments on my truck and the Silverado wave from other Silverado drivers. You must drive one to appreciate it. You dont gain much from a quick test drive. Find a friend or family member with one and take it for a spin. You will be sold on Silverado.

Power, XM, On-Star, style, dependability. Ive added splash guards, nerf bars, a K & N filter and a Flowmaster's 50 series dual in, dual out system with 2 1/2" pipes out the rear. Opens up that nice V8, gives it a lot more kick and it sounds mean, like a truck should! Hemi what? Ford who? Like a Rock

Go up a tire size to 265's instead of 245's. Factory installed splash guards would be great too.

2004 2500HD
By jaycocamprs

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab Work Truck Rwd LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Have driven this truck for 1 year. Pull
an 8000-pound 5th wheel camper with it. Ride is
good for 2500 truck. Handles the weight
real well. Power is good for small
block gas engine. Clutch slave cylinder
failed at 10000 miles.

It's just a plain truck without any extras