Skip to main content

Used Silverado 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example

Pros
Cons
3.13 out of 5 stars

Fuel Injector problems

Kurt & Cindy, 10/07/2009
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LS 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Paid all cash and had hopes for many years of good use. At about 90K we had fuel injector problems which were repaired under warranty. 50K later at 140,000 we began to see smoke from the tail pipe. Took the car into Chevy service and was told that two or three injectors were beginning to fail, but that they still tested to be acceptable by GM standards. The car billowed smoke, a few weeks later we found fuel in our motor oil. Still no budge from GM to repair the injectors which were covered under a extended warranty but still tested within their standards. GM didn't care if we blew our motor as it wasn't covered. We're done with GM.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Outstanding truck!

dsc362, 11/22/2009
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

THis truck has been a great vehicle. I have the Duramax Diesel / Allison tran, 4x4, CC, LT package. I added a powerchip programmer to it and I get around 18.5mpg, not pulling a trailer, around 13mpg pulling a loaded 18', but the power remains the same either way. You can not go wrong if you need a truck for driving around town or pulling a trailer around.

4.63 out of 5 stars

My Silverado

Steve Mulvihill, 03/20/2006
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Great all around vehicle. Used for hauling motorcycles. Commuting, trips. Average over 19MPG for all use. Lost transfer case at 60K.. Covered by warranty(defective). No other problems so far. Have 102K and I plan to take to 300K. On second set of tires. These will go easily past 120K mark. Change oil every 10K and run Mobil ONE after first 30K. Runs strong. Dealer replaced original radio because paint wore off the on button. Replace ment radio has a short. Too late to do anything about it. I would get an afetrmarket radio and not go back to the dealer for another repair. Still on first brakes with 50% wear remaining. Been a great all around vehicle.

2.25 out of 5 stars

Shocked with all the positive Reviews

edthebuilder, 10/10/2013
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

1st, I have the 8.1L engine. Pulls great but mileage is disgusting. $80 in the tank and the range says 212 miles. Only have 70K on it (who can afford to drive it). Purchased as dealer demo w/ 7K on it, got home & oil was not even on the stick. Found out that you must add a quart of oil every two fill ups. Dealer told me "that's normal". Gages went out & was part of recall & class action suit but that expired & now its $550 for a rebuilt unit...thanks GM. Garage stored but undercarriage is all rusted! Brakes are awful. Lots of confidence w/ 10,000 lbs behind me on a wet road. This thing rides like a dump truck. This is my last GM EVER. I'm out... My next truck will be a Toyota

3.38 out of 5 stars

2500HD 6.0 4x4 Reg Cab 64,000 miles

Rob, 01/03/2010
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Wonderful truck in the snow! Gas mileage is what you would expect, lousy. Alternator chewed up rear bearing at 62,000 miles. Seems to rust easy, all front brake lines are very rusty. Had a scare recently, when engine stalls you have no brakes! I guess that would be my only serious complaint about the hydraulic brake system.

12345...18