Used 2001 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$5,900

Used Silverado 2500HD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2001 2500HD

Swiech, 03/23/2007
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have the pop-up goose neck hitch and the 8.1L engine. Massive power, but massive gas guzzler. It will pass everything but a gas station.

Best Truck

Chevy Lover , 09/16/2010
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

Best truck has the 8.1 with the allison tranny. Has power and with a full load it won't bog down. All one ton and in great condition lots of miles over 216k but still runs strong, I never have a problem with the truck, I use it to pull and drive on a daily basis. The 4x4 works great too.When needing to it will turn all 4 tires without a problem. With all the normal maintenance it runs strong with no problems. I highly recommend this truck for any occasion or any reason.

D-Max Diesel Rules!

RobnCar, 05/20/2003
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

The 6.6L DuraMax Turbo Diesel w/ Allison 5sp 2500HD is the best truck I've owned. It will out haul and out tow the others hands down. We had a '96 Suburban w/454 and this diesel makes that look like a toy. We were able to tow a '55 Chevy uphill with the windows up and A/C on at 70MPH and the truck acted like there was no trailer there at all. What a brute! I forgot to mention the 20MPG highway! What a great truck! I'd buy another in a minute...

2500 HD wimpy truck

JELAY114, 12/15/2003
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB w/OnStar (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is strong off the dealer lot. After a few miles it was nothing but problems. bad transfer case, 3 BCMs, wiring harnesses, fuel economy, now I have just found diesel in the crankcase...

GM down the tubes

lemon buyer, 07/14/2002
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 5M)

My 2001 Chevy HD started the notorious engine knock at 7,000mi. With just over 13000 mi. on it now,the transmission went out.I now know why I avoided chevy pickups for years. They may look nice,but they are junk,and GM wont back them.