Used 2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Silverado 2500 model:

2004 crew cab Silverado 2500 2wd
By chevy man

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS Rwd SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Love this truck. Never short on power. Put a kn intake on it and power and acceleration has improved even more. Me and my wifes daily driver have had problems with electronics and radio luckily covered under warranty. Despite problems though me and my wife still love this truck, however I have not ever seen this truck get over 15 mpg city or hwy. I want to know what you guys getting 17 are doing. Overall great dependable and more than able truck. I would put it against Ford, Dodge, or Toyota any day

Power in the engine and comfort in the cab

Chevy has always had a questionable reputation when it comes to there electronics. I would suggest looking into improving them or making them more durable to last longer

Great truck
By lbsorensen

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

We bought this truck 2 years ago. My husband is in construction and needed a work truck, but we also needed something that suit the family with 3 teens. Love this truck, lots of room, lots of power.

4 doors, stereo stays on after shutting vehicle down until you open a door.

Would have been nicer to have bigger "manly" tires, and better gas mileage, when towing its horrible.

Awesome truck
By cph 360

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned many trucks and all I can say is my 1988 2500 2wd 5.7 regular cab has 248,000 miles and still performs like new. I purchased 2004 2500 4wd crew cab 6.0 v8 last month and all I can say is this truck is truly superior too all other trucks. Ride looks handling and most of all performance. The power is unbelievable and gas mileage is 14 mpg around town and 17.8 on the highway, what more can I say great job gm. Ford, Dodge, Toyota step aside, I"m a GM man for ever.

Power, ride, reliability, and stereo system.

Better gas mileage if possible.

Good truck but problems
By mars

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Overall the truck has been good. But 5 injectors and drivers seat adjust mech (under warranty, but still truck is down) instrument panel cluster is a joke. Whole companies are devoted to rebuilding IPC on all makes. So once again truck is down while you get to pay $500 for a rebuilt defective IPC. (GM has announced they will pay for this but we have seen no money). OnStar was good for unlocking doors and diagnosing ground faults on several glow plugs. Once the "free" runs out it is easier to hide an extra key. OS's peace of mind comes at a cost. If you can afford an expensive truck then be prepared for expensive upkeep. It is a good and powerful work truck

Climate control, towing capacity.

An IPC that works more than 2000 hrs. Injectors ($1000 per installed) that work. From new we had problems with injectors. A warranty that demonstrates to loyal customers that GM has confidence in their ability to build a quality vehicle.

'04 Chevy Crew Cab with Quadrasteer
By tschertz

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. It rides nice and has the power to pull. It is actually our family car. This truck is our answer to the Minivan. 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Plenty of room. The wife and the kids drive it more then me. The interior is great, and has more features then most new luxury cars today. My wife loves the fact that it has quadrasteer. She can park this 20' truck in spots tighter than most cars. It has a tighter turning radius than our S10 Blazer. The quadrasteer also give me great stability when towing a trailer. However, with the quadrasteer you can only get the 4.10 gear ratio, and that means low fuel economy. I wish they had the quadrasteer with a 3.73.

Interior is very nice, Quiet, comfortable. Quadrasteer is awesome! Memory seats. Smooth ride, great on long trips.

Different gear ratio when you get a quadrasteer axle. Needs 3.73. Auto dimming mirrors don't work well when topper is on. Power steering pump whine, has been replaced twice (under warranty, next one will be aftermarket pump). OnStar stinks. Never pay for it.