Skip to main content
List Price Estimate

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...13

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2006 Silverado 1500HD, so we've included reviews for other years of the Silverado 1500HD since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4.13 out of 5 stars

Silverado Success

Cajun Silverado, 01/28/2008
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD LT1 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

My '06 Chevy Silverado 1500HD with 6.0 liter V8 is an awesome truck. I tow a 31' 5th wheel camper all day long at 70mph all over the country. Gas mileage stinks, but I didn't buy it for fuel economy. At 67,000 miles in two years, I'll run it until the wheels fall off.

4.38 out of 5 stars

Value-rado

matty b, 04/30/2005
2005 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

For a large truck with the capabilities it has, this is the best value on the market. Haul six people and a load of mulch while towing the tandem axle trailer with the bobcat and equipment, all while having the Bose jamming! Wash it up and take it to dinner. Loads of creature-comforts options with the durability and dependability of a Chevy. Some might think the interior layout is boring. However, beauty is in simplicity. I don't need/want woodgrain stickers that peel off. It's a truck. Everything where it needs to be and not labeled with neon-green idiot labels

5 out of 5 stars

Best Truck on the Road

Mike, 12/31/2007
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck from my cousin early in 2007. It had 21,000 miles on it at the time, never towed anything and only had a golf bag put in the box. Since I have owned it I have used it as a work horse. I have had 3,000 pounds in the box and towed a 15,000 pound loaded dump trailer down the road passing fords and dodges all the way. This truck has the tightest steering in it of any vehicle on the road. it feels like it hugs the road. I havent had any problems with it to date.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Amazing!

special k , 06/01/2010
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 2002 1500hd crew cab but I got t-boned and I needed a new truck, the 02 was the best truck I have ever had but when I found this 03 I was so happy! I think the 2002 was a little more comfortable but other than that everything is amazing! Took it out to South Dakota pheasant hunting and the 4wd got us through snow drifts that were over the hood! It's so much fun to drive, I think the front end reminds me to much of a car, but I'm gonna put a new hood on it so yeah. We also pull a 20 ft deep v ranger boat with it and it doesn't even know its back there, and my uncle pulled it with his Ford f250 and said he struggled so yeah, go Chevy!

4.63 out of 5 stars

Great 4 x 4

yp, 08/18/2003
2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is great. I traded in my 2002 Z71. The power in this truck is incredible. However, the gas mileage is not impressive. I put a Magnaflow Catback exhaust to increase gas mileage and it did not work although I did get 20 more horses. I am going to put a K & N filter. I heard that improves the gas mileage. So far I love the truck!

12345...13