Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500HD model:

1500HD Crew
By Mark Bucher

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 2WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This has been the best truck I've ever owned. It's been from Alaska to Florida towing a 17' travel trailer. All over North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin pulling a 16.5' Lund Mr. Pike chasing walleyes. I now live in Missouri and am starting to think about trading it in or selling it. There is nothing this truck won't tow. Pulling my toys I've cruised at 75 MPH and never knew anything was behind me. Aside for routine maintenance, never had a problem with it.

02 chevy silvarado 1500hd
By dyork920

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

my dad purchased this truck new in 01 we have had this truck for 10 years of camper haulin, car towin, and daily driving. this truck has 111,000 mi and hasent had a single issue yet.
the motor is "bullet proof" and runs like it did back
in 02. i there is no need for the amount of power this thing has. I live in new hampshire and the winters are hard up here on vehicles but the truck has showen no singns of rust besides the rear bumper that completly rotted away last year but was cheap to replace. for 10 years of muddy dirt roads and salty hyways this truck has stood up beter than any vehile iv ever owned.

Darn Good Truck
By BuiltChevyTough33

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck in February of last year. It had 142,000 miles on it. It now has 165,000 miles and is still running strong. I change the oil in it every 2,000 miles and I have yet to hear this "Knocking" sound that everyone else is talking about. Get lots of compliments about this truck and will keep it forever. Thanks Chevy for making one hell of a truck.

Big H/D hood, 6.0 motor, 4x4, big cab, big doors for big friends

Fuel Mileage

2002 1500HD 4WD LT SB
By Long-time owner

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Have hauled 2 pallets (>5000#) of paving stones without a sweat. Towing package made it easy to tow a dual axle trailer with a big bobcat. Locking differential and auto 4WD make it fun and safe in the snow but a bit tough to turn sharply on dry pavement. Terrific heater and A/C. Crew cab and step bars make it easy to accommodate 4 large adults. Comfortable seats and ride. The black leather interior is durable and easy to clean, although prone to creasing over the long term. 15 MPG highway and 9-11 MPG city over the last eight years.

Crew cab, heavy duty chassis, torque of the 6.0L V8, polished chrome 8-bolt wheels.

Cylinder deactivation to improve gas mileage, flex fuel option, more durable plastic trim pieces.

What a GREAT truck
By Jeff

2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I recently purchased this truck and I know from the test drive it was going to be a great truck and I'd recommend this truck to anyone. I've had several trucks in the past, Ford, Chevy and Dodges, and this truck outdoes them all. The outside look is great and I get compliments everywhere I go! I have the front bucket seats with the console in the middle, which offers plenty of storage space. It's very roomy inside and has a lot of head room. The back seat seems to me much larger than my '06 Silverado Crew Cab. The engine has more than enough giddy in it's step. Fuel economy isn't to bad, about 17 on the highway. My last 3 trucks were newer, but this one is by far the best!

Engine power, comfort and looks.

Front end could be raised a little bit.