Used 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD Consumer Reviews

Used Silverado 1500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

dont buy one

amesq2, 05/01/2002
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

hello i bought one from a dealer in irvine california, at first i was real happy with my truck, then about 5000 miles my engine started to nock in the morning for a couple of minutes. know i have around 12000 miles and it is getting worse. took it back to the dealer and they tried to tell my that they didnt hear anything that wasnt normal, i almost lost it. i took the manager to my truck and mad him change my ivoice to say they cant fix it. he tried to tell me that all the trucks are having this problem and there will be a fix for it around aug.2002. luckly i live in california and we have a lemon law. im in the process to have the dealer buy back my truck.

Satisfied Bowtie Owner

wyccheatham, 04/11/2002
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

6 months and 5K miles later no major c/o. Happy from day 1 (low/no pressure sales pitch) to now. Mine is loaded and is more comfortable, and has more features than my wife's Mercedes E-320 (no exaggeration). Definitely a "gentleman's" truck. Wouldn't get it to work on the farm (to many accessory features that would have the potential to break). But as far as towing ability (boat) and driveablility couldn't imagine a finer ride. Has the auto-temp control, which the 2500 lacks, which is a big plus on road trips (no constant knob turning). Didn't think any other truck matched this one, and still believe that.

1500 HD

jim 87, 04/15/2002
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Most Leg room/space for a Four door Pickup,

Work/Family truck

jeyman, 05/04/2002
4dr Crew Cab LS 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I was ready to buy this truck when I saw the prototype two years ago. It is great for work and fantistac for the family. My wife has a Nissan Quest and now we get to get a Passat because the truck will double for a family hauler when needed. I had a 1999 Silverado before this one and this is a much better built truck.

MY 2500HD

leroy, 06/20/2002
4dr Crew Cab LT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

great vehicle, fun to drive

12345...8