2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Good Tow Vehicle, Bad Ride
By Douglas Simms

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I am surprised at the poor ride of this pickup. I owned a 2001 suburban for 14 years and I thought that the ride would be similar. It's not. I live in Northern California and the freeways have been poorly maintained so the truck gets airborne on several on the bumps on 80, 680, and HiWy 4. When I tow our 5,500 lb travel trailer the truck has a low frequency bounce in the front and rear. However the interior is quiet, the seats are comfortable, and the entertainment center is good. The economy is very good for a V8 as I get 20MPG combined and 14 MPG towing. The truck has good power towing up hill in the Sierra Nevada mountains. There is now sway or tracking problems while towing.

Our Silverado almost killed our dog.
By Debra Lewis

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

In June we bought a brand new 2018 Chevy Silverado dubble cab Pickup. (Beautiful Truck)

August 3rd we loaded up our beautiful dog Rebel and left on a trip that would take us across country from Missouri to Pa.

Before we got out of the state of Missouri the air conditioning in the truck quit. It would blow air but would not cool, was just like running the vents.

It was too late in the evening to get it fixed. So we kept driving all night. By the time we got near our destination it was 95 degrees. The heat was so bad in the truck that we almost lost our beautiful baby. We had to pull off and get him out of that truck. When we opened the door he was so hot and destorted, he fell out of the truck on to his head and back. He would not get up Dale had to carry him over by a pond, under some trees in the damp grass and mud. We were afraid we had lost him. We were there for around 2 hours till the temperture cooled so that we could make the rest of our trip.

Once we got to where we were going, we were able to call a dealership and get it looked at. It took three days without our truck, away from home to get a part and get it fixed.

The problem that almost took our babies life was, the air conditionar hose was not put on right at the plant. It let all the freon leak out, so it could not cool. All this could have been prevented if someone would have just payed attention to the job they were suposed to be doing.

To make matters worse. When we droped it off at your certified dealership in Reading Pa. They said they needed the registration for the warranty. He told us he would put it back in the glove box when he was done. When we were getting ready to leave. I opened the passengers side door. And the registration fell out on the ground. They just put it in the door. I am just glad that I saw it fall out.

I have attached a picture of our baby. I wanted you to see the lives that depend on your employee's doing their job right. You may say oh its just a dog. But he is our child and depends on us keeping him safe. We depend on you to make sure that our new vehicle is safe for all of us. Right down to keeping us cool on long trips.

Called and talk to GM about the problem. And the answer we got back was they wanted to send us a $100.00 service voucher on a truck that is under full warranty and we already bought the extended warranty when we bought it. If we were to take that truck in to get something fixed. The cost would have started at at least $1500.00. Heck it would have cost us more than $100.00 To pull off and get a hotel and eat. Maybe to GM as a corporation a dog doesn't mean anything but to us our baby is everything.

Needless to say we are not such satisfied customers.

Silverado Lover
By Paul Meeker

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab LB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

The 6 cylinder has plenty of power (285 bhp) and is capable of hauling most anything (light to medium range). I would recommend the 5.3L and towing package for very heavy loads though. The truck handles great and the interior is quiet.

Beware
By Jeffery

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 High Country 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 8A)

Test drive this vehicle and make sure you take a lot of curves to check steering response. The vehicle will jerk a little to the right.

Chevy 18
By Patrick

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I upgraded from a 14 to 18 I loved the 14 and love the 18, lot of trucks on the market, I am very happy with my Chevy!