2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Silverado 1500 model:

Great truck
By Jonath rochester

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I went from a 2015 Chevy Silverado blacked out edition double cab. I recently upgraded to the 18 Texas edition with all star package. Essentially you get LTZ without paying for it. So all in all I’m really happy with my investment. I am a lil bummed out the 2019 came out 3 months after I purchased my truck. Because i love the redesign but in regards to my 18 Silverado i love it

$49,000 lawn ornament
By Michael Oud

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Z71 LT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Bought a brand new 2018 Silverado Z71 LT 1500 and drove it off the lot, jumped on the highway and hit 68mph and it wouldn't stop shaking. Took it in the next day and they did the alignment and said it was so bad it was as if it had been an accident but there was no damage visible. Picked it up and drove it home, same issue. Took it back and they did a road force balance, took it home...SAME ISSUE. Brought it back a third time and now they have taken the drive shaft off and shipped it out to check its balance. So basically I have a REALLY expensive lawn ornament sitting on the chevy lot and a Chevy Trax for a loaner car. They don't know when I will have the drive shaft back or IF that will solve the issue. So I'm about to make the first payment on a truck I cant drive. Great product.

Fairly comfortable, but RAM is more so
By PaulC

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Makes a good impression the first 15 minutes of driving - seats seem comfortable and ride is quiet and fairly smooth. But then after awhile the truck like jolts and jiggles start to become fatiguing and one notices the seats lack the deep padding of Chevy trucks of the 70's and 80's. One also notices the V8 engine is not quite as powerful feeling as one would expect of a V8 and the transmission hesitates upon abrupt acceleration. None of these issues are major, but I also have rented several RAM half ton pickups the past two years and find them noticably superior in seat comfort, ride comfort and engine/transmission performance. The RAM pentastar V6 feels as powerful as the Chevy 5.3 V8 and the RAM Hemi V8 is very noticably more powerful than the Chevy 5.3. The front seat bottoms of the RAM seem larger or longer and a bit more deeply padded for better comfort on longer drives. The ride of the RAM is less jolting and more car like due to a softer suspension and coil springs in the rear. I have also rented two half ton Ford F-150's and I found them similar in many characteristics to the Chevy except they had even less well padded seats. Lastly I have also rented two half ton Toyota Tundra's. The Tundra had the power of the RAM hemi V8, but its ride and seating comfort were inferior and about on par with the Chevy. Overall I would rank the 4 trucks as follows in comfort and engine/tranny performance (which are priorities of mine): RAM, Tundra, Chevy, Ford.

Good looking truck
By Frank

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Double Cab SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

When comes to interior space,GM could learn few things from dodge ram....they utilize every square inch of it.The radio and the rest of the electronics are a bit complicated and need to be learned to get full use.The driver seat it's a bit too low....I wish they install a level to bring it up for better view of the road (I'm 5.6feet)

Overall Best Truck I've Ever Owned
By MB Lair

2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Trucks are now expensive, and this one is no different; but after 5000 miles I can say it was worth the cost (I think) Safety features (like active lane assist and auto braking) and handling are superb, while still reminding you its a truck (which is a positive in my book) Plenty of power for towing and passing, but decent fuel mileage. A very small rattle in the center front console that is a design defect but should be simple to fix when I get around to it, otherwise the truck is rock solid.