Used 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Silverado 1500 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Worst vehicle I ever owned!

Nick Texas, 12/17/2020
High Country 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

Please do extensive research on any GM vehicle you plan to buy. You will most likely change your mind about buying any of their vehicle. I own (unfortunately ) 2014 Silverado 1500 high country 4x4 with 125k miles, good looking (money hole) truck, currently in the shop for $5,000 transmission repair. This is just one of dozen major repairs I had done on this vehicle which include multiple costly a/c repairs (condenser and compresor), multiple costly suspension problems, multiple break failures including vacuum pump, exhaust replacement, steering rack replacement, rear shock absorbers,starter, alternator, engine lifters, leaking roof due to sat. antenna seal and loose sunroof gasket. I'm sure I've missed one or two. Most of these repairs were not covered under warranty. I will never buy another GM vehicle. I hope for your safety you don't either. Just look up all the lawsuits they are having against them.

It drives amazing

Michael , 01/28/2021
LT 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

Just a great truck

Some issues

Tarik Kekic, 03/16/2021
LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 6.5 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I’ve had a 2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ for about two years now. During the time that I’ve owned it, I had a more issues with it than I’ve had with prior vehicles. The first issue that I encountered was a rattling in the dash that I still have not been able to fix. I took apart the entire dash and found many loose screws that contributed to the rattle that I heard, however, even after tightening all of the loose screws I found, there was still a rattle. It became a nuisance when I started having people in my car ask me what the rattle was. The second issue that I had was the condenser go out on me... twice...within 30K miles of each other. There is a well documented history of the condensers going out in these year Silverado’s, just look up multiple forums online with many other owners who have experienced the same issue. Thankfully I don’t live in a state where it is warm most of the year so I am able to get by during the winter, however, I can see how this issue can be be a serious hazard to those living in warmer conditions all year round. This was my first Chevy/GM product and it will more than likely be my last until some of these quality control issues can be addressed.

never again

chevy sucks , 04/10/2021
Z71 LTZ 4dr Crew Cab 5.8 ft. SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

My trans left me on the side of the road at 94,000 miles a month after i bought it and i had to get the whole thing replaced. leather seats are cracking. The dash makes a noise like there's a rock hitting the window constantly when it both warms up and cools down. When its cold outside all four doors and the center console rattle enough to make you want to drive yourself into a tree. 25,000 dollars for this, i should have just kept my 04. never again.

IT'S BEEN A GREAT TRUCK

mike in cincinnati, 05/10/2021
Z71 LTZ 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I bought it new in sept. of 2014 and now have 59000 miles on it. I've had no problems. Just gas and oil and go. I will buy another chevy when it's time. Mine is the lt 4x4 double cab